Putting yourself under pressure (work)

Hi all,

It's over a year now since I suffered a major burnout leading to long term sick, and since I've returned to work I've been taking care of myself by not travelling and really carefully managing my sensory environment & keeping away from hubbub (lots of conversations etc.). My self care has worked really well, and I've feel that I've discovered "normal, healthy" levels of stress for the first time in my working life (healthy levels of stress for *me*, at least).

Now that I'm looking like I've recovered from burnout and I'm starting performing at 95% again, I can feel myself coming under pressure to start attending meetings in person again and travelling again. Before my burnout I was flying into Europe alone maybe every month and just feeling important rather than stressed. Now I'm very wary about returning to what everyone else will see as normal.

I don't know what I'm asking others here for - maybe just sympathy & to tell me that yes, I need to look after myself and not put myself under pressure.

By the way, one of the things I'm *really* mindful of is giving an inch and being expected to do a mile.............

Parents
  • At them moment I am getting very stressed over little things in work. Today I ran out medication that’s stops my anxiety and in work I was rocking, shaking, and at one point the big manager caught me biting my thumb, I have a red mark there now with little bit of skin missing. Seems like a dream. I say I have a domino effect to meltdowns or shutdowns, how I “try” and manage it is find the falling domino and keep it standing. 

My falling domino at the moment is trains and the people on it and it being over crowded. 

It’s getting so bad now that my over sensory to light, sound, have gone back to how I was teenager. I now wear sunglasses again in bright places. In work, buses and trains. I can’t stop the first domino from falling but I can stop the second by wearing the sunglasses. And it helps with my self esteem too. 

Hope my experinace helps you.

kyle

• At them moment I am getting very stressed over little things in work. Today I ran out medication that’s stops my anxiety and in work I was rocking, shaking, and at one point the big manager caught me biting my thumb, I have a red mark there now with little bit of skin missing. Seems like a dream. I say I have a domino effect to meltdowns or shutdowns, how I “try” and manage it is find the falling domino and keep it standing. 

My falling domino at the moment is trains and the people on it and it being over crowded. 

It’s getting so bad now that my over sensory to light, sound, have gone back to how I was teenager. I now wear sunglasses again in bright places. In work, buses and trains. I can’t stop the first domino from falling but I can stop the second by wearing the sunglasses. And it helps with my self esteem too. 

Hope my experinace helps you.

kyle

Children
No Data