UK Citizen abroad, living in South Africa, moving back. where to live?

Hello! Just signed up. I'm Tony.

I'm a 29 year old with Asperger's and PDA diagnosis. I am in the process of moving back to the UK from South Africa, hopefully by the end of March, provided I can pick a place to live. The criteria I'm following is that the area I choose needs to have some sort of Aspergers, and PDA support. I have selected 10 possible places to live, with the first 5 being the top choices at the moment. However, for a lot of them, my searches don't provide clarity on whether or not there are official, or even unofficial, support groups for Aspies/PDAers. 

So I was wondering if it would be okay to ask here if anyone has any idea of the overall support in the following cities for adults with PDA and Aspergers. The 10 places, are as follows:

1. Bristol
2. Cardiff
3. York
4. Harrogate
5. Farnham
---------------
6. Nottingham
7. Oxford
8. Cambridge
9. Guildford
10. Scarborough

also, if there are any suggestions about places that is okay to stay for PDA adults, or if any of the choices aren't considered ideal for those on the spectrum, by all means let me know. My uncle there is requiring an idea of where I want to end up after a brief period of staying with them in London, before aiding me in purchasing my air ticket.

I'll be grateful for any and all information.

• Hi Professor Optics,

There are a couple of things that you might like to look at on our website to help you with your research.

It may be useful for you to contact local National Autistic Society branches in your chosen locations.  Our branches offer support to local autistic people and their families. You can use the link below to check if there is a local branch in a particular location:

http://www.autism.org.uk/services/local.aspx

You might also consider searching our Autism Services Directory for support and services in a particular area.  You can access the Directory here: 

www.autism.org.uk/directory.aspx

And finally, you may like to contact our Autism Helpline team who can provide you with information and advice . You can contact the team via their webform:

https://www.autism.org.uk/services/helplines/main/questions.aspx

I hope that helps.  Good luck with your move.

Regards,

Kerri-Mod