This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Weed - Memory & Focus

Hello everyone!

I just wanted to ask if anyone has had experience with smoking weed, and had any problems with memory and focus, and trying to improve it.

I've not been in a very good place for a few years now, and my way of coping and escaping from things was to smoke weed. I've done this for maybe 4 or 5 years now. I recently stopped smoking (at the start of this year), in an attempt to improve my short term memory and focus. I used to have a really good short term memory, I used to be able to remember things without even really thinking about it. I know there are many factors in my life that have had an affect on my memory (bad eating, drinking habits (not alcohol) a lot of energy drinks, lack of exercise, not enough sleep, depression... the list goes on) but obviously the weed had the biggest impact on my memory and focus. I have noticed a big improvement since stopping, but it still isn't what it was. I've read about various studies into weed use and memory / focus, and based on what most of them say, I don't believe i've smoked enough to do permenant damage. I've read that eating better and drinking more water can help improve my state of mind, as well as regular exercise, which I am doing all of this. I also know it isn't going to happen right away, but i'd like to ask if anyone else has found themselves in a similar situation, and were you able to get back to how your memory once was, if so, what would you recommend doing to help improve it? Are there any activities, or maybe even mind games, that will help me get back to how I was?

Thank you for taking the time to read my post.

Parents Reply Children
No Data