Do I tell my daughter about my recent adult diagnosis? If so, how??

As the title says...I was diagnosed with autism spectrum condition. I am relieved by this diagnosis as I can now make sense of my life and look at ways to improve myself and my problems.

i am certain both my children have autism but I have not gone through getting them looked at yet (I had issues with stigma but I know I shouldn’t have!).

my daughter is 12, is anxious and has issues but copes in school and is happy and doing well on the whole.

my son is 4 and had classic autism symptoms meltdowns refusing to do things he’s asked, never wants hugs or to be touched.

i feel I want to tell my daughter but I’m frightened of scaring her, but I want her to know if she ever wants to explore her own symptoms I’m here for her and understand. I don’t know if I should or how? I don’t think my son would understand. But I am going to parents eve soon and going to ge info before gp appointment for a referral for diagnosis 

• https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/1849056846/?tag=amigi-21

The Students of Limpsfield Grange School and Vicky Martin
    Written by the students of Limpsfield Grange School for girls with autism, M is for Autism is a truly authentic coming-of-age novel that shows what it's really like to grow up feeling a bit different. Why is being normal so easy for everyone else? Will finally getting a label help M to make sense of it all? What does normal even mean anyway?

• Hi NAS50053

like Misfit61 suggested, the NAS helpline is always available to help answer any questions you may have. You can contact the team via telephone on 0808 800 4104. Or alternatively, should you prefer to send a message, you can do so via their webform:
    https://www.autism.org.uk/services/helplines/main/questions.aspx

• Yes I would. I would get information from the Nas in the form of booklets and leaflets, I would access the as videos on the main website or ask advice from the helpline. have the information ready for you to share together. Then you can talk about your diagnosis , why you wanted one, what it means to you etc Would you rather be a 12 year old with anxiety and issues  without the information available (like you probably did yourself) or would you give your daughter the chance to know she's not alone with these difficulties and try to work with them. perhaps connect with others like herself? Its your decision but with more information available  I think it would be a positive thing to do. if its hard for you to do by yourself is there someone else who would help you?