Feeling angry

Hi all,  I'm a 45 year old female that is currently going through  assessment for Aspergers.  This assessment process has been ongoing since September and should have a diagnosis by the end of the month.  The reason for this post is that I feel anger towards my family that I can't seem to shift.  When I first realised that I could have Aspergers they were initially supportive, to some degree.  But now I feel like that they don't care as they have never made any attempts to find out about it or even ask me how I'm feeling.  I did think that they would try to understand and even do a bit of reading about it but nothing.  If it was the other way round I would have made the effort to engage with the person and be interested, am I wrong to feel this way?  All I seem to get from my sister is sly digs which obviously confirms to me her lack of understanding and willingness to understand.  Just really wanted to found out other peoples experiences and am I reading too much in to this.  Why do I feel so angry and how can I stop feeling this way?  Thanks.

• My social circles collapsed due to my diagnosis. It was my more recent friends that appeared to respect it. Long standing friends didnt want to take it seriously. Perhaps some people dont like to admit being wrong about you.

• Try explaining to them that for you this is a hugely significant life event for you and as a result you would like your nearest and dearest to give it the recognition that you yourself have given it.

Something i have considered is marking my diagnosis day in much the same fashion as i would my birthday. Maybe if they agreed to something like this; it would help with how tour feeling.

• I was diagnosed in August and told members of my family. As a result, they have all blocked me on FB and I don't expect to see any of them again. So you aren't alone there unfortunately.

• Welcome!

Have you tried printing out certain short articles that express what you want to say?

Having said that, I'm probably not the best person to offer advice as I haven't actually told any of my family yet....