sensitivity to chemicals

I have started volunteering at a food distribution unit but I an concerned I may be sensitive to the chemicals used in the refrigerant? has anyone else experienced as something similar.

I am sensitive to chemicals such as smoke ans air pollution.

Thanks in advance for anyone's thoughts

Parents
  • well there is a large warehouse chilled to 2-3 degrees, (i,e the whole building), so I enter and leave the refrigerated warehouse to move boxes onto trolleys/vans. I guess it's chilled by some sort of air pump, so cold air is fed into the warehouse to keep cool, and I think I am sensitive to this cold air.

For example I have never had a problem with fridge/freezers but then I have never been inside only for long periods of time until now.

• There will be a chiller plant (just like in a domestic fridge) outside the cold room and there will be a heat exchanger (like a cold radiator) inside that the 'warm' air blows over to make it cold - you do not come in contact with any refigerant - that is external and in a sealed system.

Are you sure it's not just the air temperature that is affecting you - also, cold air is very dry (why your lips dry out in winter) so there's that aspect too.

It is exactly the same as walking out your front door on a really cold day.

• There will be a chiller plant (just like in a domestic fridge) outside the cold room and there will be a heat exchanger (like a cold radiator) inside that the 'warm' air blows over to make it cold - you do not come in contact with any refigerant - that is external and in a sealed system.

Are you sure it's not just the air temperature that is affecting you - also, cold air is very dry (why your lips dry out in winter) so there's that aspect too.

It is exactly the same as walking out your front door on a really cold day.

Children