Tolerance to Pain

I have been diagnosed as autistic/Aspergers

I don't seem to feel pain the same as most people. I am a beekeeper and regularly get stung and although I does hurt it doesn't seem to bother me. I once got stung over 100 times at once. I also cycle competitively and have suffered various injuries whilst racing including broken ribs where I have carried on regardless

When I was a kid I was always falling into stinging nettles or getting scratched on barbed wire

I also like extreme tasting foods - espresso coffee, vindaloo curry, extra hot chilli sauce, grapefruit juice etc

I thought that autistic people had sensory issues and are extra sensitive to pain which is the opposite to me

Are these autistic traits? when I had my diagnosis my assessor didn't think so but I'm not so sure

Parents

• I also cycle competitively and have suffered various injuries whilst racing including broken ribs where I have carried on regardless

I did BMX first, Skate Boarding and then Down-Hill Mountain-biking, but hated being sponsored as a skateboarder so did not bother as a mountain biker. I am so not competitive and being sponsored made it a job that took the fun out of it. But I have slammed so hard on so many occasions only to find out later I had broken stuff and whatnot ~ so I totally know what you mean.

When I worked at a Restaurant I used to like snacking on chillies, and the head chef for a laugh got a special order in for the hottest chillies known, and they expected me to go down a burning death ~ but they really were the best and most refreshing I had ever had. Because I was the only one who could eat them I got the whole lot! Bonus! :-) 

I have completely forgotten the name of the curry now but it was not made in this country as it was too hot for the western body supposedly, and if you ask for it and they will make it ~ I have had it free on numerous occasions because they did not believe I could eat it and if so it would be on the house. Bonus again! :-)

Hard knocks school of Aspergenics pros and cons :-)

• When I worked at a Restaurant I used to like snacking on chillies, and the head chef for a laugh got a special order in for the hottest chillies known, and they expected me to go down a burning death ~ but they really were the best and most refreshing I had ever had. Because I was the only one who could eat them I got the whole lot! Bonus! :-) 

I grow Naga Vipers. A stabilised Dorset variety, around 1.4 million Scoville units each. I put about an eighth of one in a tub of Arrabiata, hot, Arrabiata.

You can have this jar if you like.........

You should be perfectly fine.........Wink

• When I worked at a Restaurant I used to like snacking on chillies, and the head chef for a laugh got a special order in for the hottest chillies known, and they expected me to go down a burning death ~ but they really were the best and most refreshing I had ever had. Because I was the only one who could eat them I got the whole lot! Bonus! :-) 

I grow Naga Vipers. A stabilised Dorset variety, around 1.4 million Scoville units each. I put about an eighth of one in a tub of Arrabiata, hot, Arrabiata.

You can have this jar if you like.........

You should be perfectly fine.........Wink

Children