Tolerance to Pain

I have been diagnosed as autistic/Aspergers

I don't seem to feel pain the same as most people. I am a beekeeper and regularly get stung and although I does hurt it doesn't seem to bother me. I once got stung over 100 times at once. I also cycle competitively and have suffered various injuries whilst racing including broken ribs where I have carried on regardless

When I was a kid I was always falling into stinging nettles or getting scratched on barbed wire

I also like extreme tasting foods - espresso coffee, vindaloo curry, extra hot chilli sauce, grapefruit juice etc

I thought that autistic people had sensory issues and are extra sensitive to pain which is the opposite to me

Are these autistic traits? when I had my diagnosis my assessor didn't think so but I'm not so sure

Parents
  • I live with chronic pain. Think of falling down 10 flights of concrete stairs bashing every bone, muscles, back, ribs, knees, hips, shoulders and all the joints.

That's my starting point every morning.

I've had lots of physical injuries over the years that I seem to have survived ok - a 4" nail through my foot, crushed hand, 4 broken ribs, leg ripped open from ankle to hip, badly burned by a firework etc.

• I live with chronic pain. Think of falling down 10 flights of concrete stairs bashing every bone, muscles, back, ribs, knees, hips, shoulders and all the joints.

That's my starting point every morning.

I've had lots of physical injuries over the years that I seem to have survived ok - a 4" nail through my foot, crushed hand, 4 broken ribs, leg ripped open from ankle to hip, badly burned by a firework etc.

Children