Tolerance to Pain

I have been diagnosed as autistic/Aspergers

I don't seem to feel pain the same as most people. I am a beekeeper and regularly get stung and although I does hurt it doesn't seem to bother me. I once got stung over 100 times at once. I also cycle competitively and have suffered various injuries whilst racing including broken ribs where I have carried on regardless

When I was a kid I was always falling into stinging nettles or getting scratched on barbed wire

I also like extreme tasting foods - espresso coffee, vindaloo curry, extra hot chilli sauce, grapefruit juice etc

I thought that autistic people had sensory issues and are extra sensitive to pain which is the opposite to me

Are these autistic traits? when I had my diagnosis my assessor didn't think so but I'm not so sure

Parents
  • I think I am the same. I must be hyposensitive. I have a high pain tolerance, I've had multiple injuries throughout my life and I've always just carried on with things regardless of how bad the injury was. I only ever seem to seek help or treatment when a family member or doctor has forced me to. 

Yet something annoying like a label in my clothes, too hot or too cold weather or a hair clip slightly digging in to my scalp would bother me so much more. 

I agree sensory issues are a weird thing for me. 

• I've too hurt myself and carried on and it turned out to be really bad. Fell at work and hurt my back....carried on best I could didnt even log it! Another job I tore the ligaments in my knee and carried on until my knee got stuck in a bent position and hospital asked didnt it hurt you

• I've too hurt myself and carried on and it turned out to be really bad. Fell at work and hurt my back....carried on best I could didnt even log it! Another job I tore the ligaments in my knee and carried on until my knee got stuck in a bent position and hospital asked didnt it hurt you

Children
No Data