Tolerance to Pain

I have been diagnosed as autistic/Aspergers

I don't seem to feel pain the same as most people. I am a beekeeper and regularly get stung and although I does hurt it doesn't seem to bother me. I once got stung over 100 times at once. I also cycle competitively and have suffered various injuries whilst racing including broken ribs where I have carried on regardless

When I was a kid I was always falling into stinging nettles or getting scratched on barbed wire

I also like extreme tasting foods - espresso coffee, vindaloo curry, extra hot chilli sauce, grapefruit juice etc

I thought that autistic people had sensory issues and are extra sensitive to pain which is the opposite to me

Are these autistic traits? when I had my diagnosis my assessor didn't think so but I'm not so sure

Parents
  • The short answer is yes, as I am aspergerian and my brain does not always recognise pain properly. At night I will wake up sweating badly and it is because I am in pain, but I do not feel it I just get physical symptoms. If I then work out to take my pain killers everything settles down again.

• The short answer is yes, as I am aspergerian and my brain does not always recognise pain properly. At night I will wake up sweating badly and it is because I am in pain, but I do not feel it I just get physical symptoms. If I then work out to take my pain killers everything settles down again.

Children
No Data