My marriage is failing.

Hi folks, just having a moan and looking for a bit of support really.

Things are awful between me and my wife at the moment. We've been growing apart for years now. We just don't share the same interests any more. We can't communicate. We've had three different therapists offering us counselling without much improvement.

It feels like it's the end of the line for our marriage. Twenty five years we've been together. Two kids and a mortgage together. To feel it all slowly slipping away is excruciating. Every time there's a glimmer of hope something happens to mess it all up. It's like we can't get on the same page.

I've got my issues and both the kids are ASD too. I know it must be hard for her at times. I always feel like the one in the wrong but I know it's not all my fault. I know some of the issues I have with her are valid but I can't communicate well enough to put my viewpoint across. Whatever I say comes out wrong and just seems to make things worse. I'm awful at any kind of face to face confrontation.

Last weekend I got a bit drunk and I ended up self harming quite badly. We haven't spoke much since. I suppose things will get better but it feels hopeless at times like this. I wonder if I should move out sometimes.

Anyway, thanks for listening. 

Parents
  • So sorry for you both.  Was there any common ground in 25 years?.  Think on to when you first met and be very honest with yourself.  Was it a perfect match?.  Love hurts but sometimes moving on can bring happiness also.  Our son has had several relationship breakdowns and so much sadness but right from the start his third relationship worked wonderfully he has finally met a woman who is truly on the same planet.  Look at your children as a fabulous gift that both of you have got out of the relationship.  I have depression from time to time due to my parents appalling relationship , but no matter how much I may feel about a turbulent up  bringing I have been created and have two wonderful children.

• So sorry for you both.  Was there any common ground in 25 years?.  Think on to when you first met and be very honest with yourself.  Was it a perfect match?.  Love hurts but sometimes moving on can bring happiness also.  Our son has had several relationship breakdowns and so much sadness but right from the start his third relationship worked wonderfully he has finally met a woman who is truly on the same planet.  Look at your children as a fabulous gift that both of you have got out of the relationship.  I have depression from time to time due to my parents appalling relationship , but no matter how much I may feel about a turbulent up  bringing I have been created and have two wonderful children.

Children
No Data