Shopping at Christmas. Screaming inside!

Just all the noise, fuss, fake smiles. Inside my head I'm screaming for darkness and quiet. Never realised before why I felt this 

Anyone else know what I mean?

Parents
  • Shopping and Christmas, the two words I dread more than any other. Christmas is my least favourite time of the year. When I was a lad Christmas was much more about the family, meeting up and having a good time. That side of Christmas has changed since and it is more about the presents and decorations. I suppose when I was younger we were recovering from the war and there wasn't enough money for all the extra trimmings.

I can remember a Christmas at my mother and father's home, I would have been about seven years then. Our house was only small. The toilet was in a shed at the bottom of the garden. The heating came from big stove in the kitchen and we all sat around it to keep warm. The presents were made by my mother, clothing she had done herself and the day was spent sat around having a laugh and a damn good time. That for me was Christmas. I don't see that anymore and I don't suppose I will again.

• Shopping and Christmas, the two words I dread more than any other. Christmas is my least favourite time of the year. When I was a lad Christmas was much more about the family, meeting up and having a good time. That side of Christmas has changed since and it is more about the presents and decorations. I suppose when I was younger we were recovering from the war and there wasn't enough money for all the extra trimmings.

I can remember a Christmas at my mother and father's home, I would have been about seven years then. Our house was only small. The toilet was in a shed at the bottom of the garden. The heating came from big stove in the kitchen and we all sat around it to keep warm. The presents were made by my mother, clothing she had done herself and the day was spent sat around having a laugh and a damn good time. That for me was Christmas. I don't see that anymore and I don't suppose I will again.

Children
No Data