Private Assessment Scotland / North England

Hi,

I'm really struggling to find somewhere for a private assessment. My GP was happy to refer me but the NHS waiting list is 12 + months. I have tried Clinical Partners - they advertise ASD assessments for adults, say they have bases all over the UK but in reality they are not starting up a 5* ASD service until February 2019. I was offered an appointment in London which is not within travelling distance to get there and back in a day. The price would double if we went by train, stayed overnight, and had our 4 dogs vaccinated to put them in kennels. Just not feasible unfortunately. 

Anyone had any luck in Scotland or north England / Midlands? 

I've spent the last two weeks waiting on call backs etc etc and it's driving me crazy :) .

Thanks !

Parents
  • Are you looking for a single session assessment? Mine (near Newcastle Upon Tyne) has involved 4 separate meetings, so might not be suitable depending on travel time.

• Hi Sunflower, I have read about your assessment process. Did you get your result today? It does sound very thorough and as long as the sessions weren't first thing in the morning I would be happy to travel to Newcastle. Did you pay for the whole assessment up front? 

• Hi there I am getting feedback at 4pm tomorrow. The office is in the countryside not in the centre of Newcastle which makes things easier. They are very helpful and flexible. I emailed and got a reply back really quickly. After the first meeting they send an itemised quote if ASD assessment is the right option. 

As you would be traveling a long way they might even be able to condense the process (my development history was completed in session 2, but could probably have been done in a longer session 1). 

Haven't paid yet. Expecting to do so after tomorrow's session. I think they may offer payment by instalments too. Shall I send you their contact details via a personal message? 

• What I like about this service is that they take things step by step. The emphasis is on working out what is going to be most helpful, not just ticking boxes.

I have come to realise that what comes after assessment is just as important as the process itself. They can't give a fixed price until they know if cognitive assessment, speech and language therapy involvement will be needed.

Haven't slept well all week! I will let you know what happens tomorrow. Had a good meeting at work today with supportive manager and union rep. Feel whatever happens next is probably going to be OK. 

• What I like about this service is that they take things step by step. The emphasis is on working out what is going to be most helpful, not just ticking boxes.

I have come to realise that what comes after assessment is just as important as the process itself. They can't give a fixed price until they know if cognitive assessment, speech and language therapy involvement will be needed.

Haven't slept well all week! I will let you know what happens tomorrow. Had a good meeting at work today with supportive manager and union rep. Feel whatever happens next is probably going to be OK. 

Children
No Data