Trouble at work.

Hi,

I am desperate for advice for my current work situation.

I love my job (Retail) but I struggle due to my disability which is Aspergers. Due to few meltdowns, I felt that is was fair to disclose my disability to my Line manager and Store manager so they could help me settle and provide support. Disclosure took place around 2 months ago, my store manager asked for details of the condition which I promptly did via some info off the web.

Upto now I have received no review or support and my meltdowns have continued due to my perception of being isloted, ignored and not taken seriously.

Early this week I was falsly accussed of harassing and assaulting a member of staff, the staff member put in a formal grievance. I was shocked because me and the accussed have never had an issue and no issue was brought to my attention during the shift.

I asked for CCTV to reviewed, which it was, store manager told me she was happy that no incident took place, therfore it is a false allegation. Should I put in a counter grievance for deformation ?

The store manager has now told me that I am still being investigated as some team members have come forward and said they afraid and feel unsafe working with me due to my meltdowns.

I feel now I am being punished for being autistic, but I also feel the store manager has neglected her duty of care to me and the rest of the team because she took no action after full disclosure.

I was put through a 2 1/2 hour meeting on Tuesday regarding the allegation with no offer of support or offered any witness for myself.

I have contacted HR department of my company but it is difficult to speak to anyone as the the phone line is not look after constantly, but the feedback from my store manager is that HR have told her to procede with an investigation using a manager from another store to interview team members.

What should I do ?

Parents Reply Children
No Data