Do people smell bad to you?

Part of why I got an assessment was to access helpful adjustments at work, because I'm very sensitive to both sound and smell.

Currently the two people that sit next to me at work smell awful, and it's really inhibiting my working ability. They're also loud (talking, tea-slurping, apple eating, etc), but I can cover that by wearing headphones. The smell I cannot. I'm sure the guy on my left doesn't wash his clothes, and the guy to my right has terrible breath.

Does anyone else have this issue? Its' driving me mad, and my work cannot offer me a better place to sit. 

Parents
  • I find some smells actually quite pleasurable. 

The smell of freshly cut wood in gardens and building projects .

The smell of new tarmac on roads being resurfaced. 

The smell of certain types of glue.

The smell of books.  Buying a new book and opening it for the first time gives very distinctive smells and a memory that lingers.  The smell of certain libraries always had a calming effect on me.  New libraries lack these smells.

• I find some smells actually quite pleasurable. 

The smell of certain types of glue.

The smell of books.  Buying a new book and opening it for the first time gives very distinctive smells and a memory that lingers.  The smell of certain libraries always had a calming effect on me.  New libraries lack these smells.

Children
  • "I find some smells actually quite pleasurable. 

The smell of books. "

Same here on the the above.

I'm quite sensitive to smell both ways though. Until he gave them up around when I was 20 I hated the smell of my Dad mainly because he was a smoker. The worst times where when he would smoke in the bath and the the fags mixed with his sweat was truly repugnant. When I told him he was quite offended. 

Certain perfumes really affect me too. My wife bought one a couple of years that made me feel sick, it had a really low frequency... I always compare smells and taste to musical notes... and this one had a real stomach churning low end. I prefer perfumes with more of a zing in the upper-mids.