Do people smell bad to you?

Part of why I got an assessment was to access helpful adjustments at work, because I'm very sensitive to both sound and smell.

Currently the two people that sit next to me at work smell awful, and it's really inhibiting my working ability. They're also loud (talking, tea-slurping, apple eating, etc), but I can cover that by wearing headphones. The smell I cannot. I'm sure the guy on my left doesn't wash his clothes, and the guy to my right has terrible breath.

Does anyone else have this issue? Its' driving me mad, and my work cannot offer me a better place to sit. 

Parents
  • "Do people smell bad to you?"

...Yes. I use smell uncommonly often. As if that is what it is for, detecting people who smoke, or smoke Cannabis, or are sweaty, or have not bathed in 32.5 Hours, or have just drunk something really sugary, or they have Influenza, or they are wearing Nylon, or they just have their Hormones switched Wayyyyy up... I myself smell all of that. (Horrible, bad, horrible.) It is useful at times, but not at all useful if it cannot be escaped. Kind of like Pollution, which I often see and smell, and if I mention it, people find it funny and say "...What pollution?"

• (I am replying to myself just to Post, but this is <> a suggestion for the Starter...)

If in a repeated, confined situation, I would try the following: - Coat myself/bathe in a Smell which is Okay with myself. -Use some Scented things (Candles, Incense, Scented Water) - Use discreetly some small Spray or Diffuser towards the offending smell(s).

...Again, just me, but If the 'stinky' person complains, then I would use those same complaints to complain right back at them. (I am a timid person, but if I cannot stand/tolerate something, then I say so; but this is not always allowed to work, so I usually just avoid.) I would also suggest wearing a Mask, but, well, this is not Japan, is it...   :-/

• Wearing an NBC suit to work would probably be a bit excessive, plus very warm too! :-D

Reply Children
No Data