Do people smell bad to you?

Part of why I got an assessment was to access helpful adjustments at work, because I'm very sensitive to both sound and smell.

Currently the two people that sit next to me at work smell awful, and it's really inhibiting my working ability. They're also loud (talking, tea-slurping, apple eating, etc), but I can cover that by wearing headphones. The smell I cannot. I'm sure the guy on my left doesn't wash his clothes, and the guy to my right has terrible breath.

Does anyone else have this issue? Its' driving me mad, and my work cannot offer me a better place to sit. 

Parents
  • There are generally two types of smell associated with people. 

1. Smells produced naturally by the human body. 
    2. Smells applied externally to disguise smells produced by the human body .

I've had unpleasant experiences of both.

When I was in hospital I hated the smell of the antiseptic floor cleaners and air fresheners on the wards.  Then I realised it was the lesser of two evils.  The smell of human excrement and vomit is worse.

I also had a bad experience on trains. On a Friday evening I was sitting around a table for four, when three young ladies joined me and took out their bottles of nail colour/varnish and started doing their nails.  My eyes were watering for hours after I had left the train.

Many mental health professionals wear strong perfume because their clients have bad personal hygiene.  At every group session I attend there's always at least one person who doesn't bathe or change their clothes regularly. 

• There are generally two types of smell associated with people. 

1. Smells produced naturally by the human body. 
    2. Smells applied externally to disguise smells produced by the human body .

I've had unpleasant experiences of both.

When I was in hospital I hated the smell of the antiseptic floor cleaners and air fresheners on the wards.  Then I realised it was the lesser of two evils.  The smell of human excrement and vomit is worse.

I also had a bad experience on trains. On a Friday evening I was sitting around a table for four, when three young ladies joined me and took out their bottles of nail colour/varnish and started doing their nails.  My eyes were watering for hours after I had left the train.

Many mental health professionals wear strong perfume because their clients have bad personal hygiene.  At every group session I attend there's always at least one person who doesn't bathe or change their clothes regularly. 

Children
No Data