Do people smell bad to you?

Part of why I got an assessment was to access helpful adjustments at work, because I'm very sensitive to both sound and smell.

Currently the two people that sit next to me at work smell awful, and it's really inhibiting my working ability. They're also loud (talking, tea-slurping, apple eating, etc), but I can cover that by wearing headphones. The smell I cannot. I'm sure the guy on my left doesn't wash his clothes, and the guy to my right has terrible breath.

Does anyone else have this issue? Its' driving me mad, and my work cannot offer me a better place to sit. 

Parents
  • I struggle with sensory issues too. 

I find public transport is the worst for smells - too many smells (often body odour on a hot day) in a very small space. The people in my office talk and eat very loudly, so that's a nightmare too.

People don't realise how distracting these things can be - it really impacts my concentration. I can just about get through the working day, but I have no energy by the time I get home, so that impacts my studies and my 'me time'.

• I struggle with sensory issues too. 

I find public transport is the worst for smells - too many smells (often body odour on a hot day) in a very small space. The people in my office talk and eat very loudly, so that's a nightmare too.

People don't realise how distracting these things can be - it really impacts my concentration. I can just about get through the working day, but I have no energy by the time I get home, so that impacts my studies and my 'me time'.

Children
No Data