Autism in films and TV dramas

I watched Mary & Max the claymation animation for maybe the 17th time yesterday.

In a random Google search this morning I came across an 'Autism Anthem' - a YouTube compilation of film clips from: 

Skins, The Good Doctor, Power Rangers, The Accountant, Scorpion, Parent Hood, Jane Wants A Boy Friend, The Story of Luke, Jack of the Red Hearts, Atypical, The 4400, Girl Meets World

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=PtLcTGOrrKk

What do you think of attempts to portray autism in these, or any other, films or TV programmes? 

Are there any accurate, positive, helpful representations of autistic people? 

I'd love to know your thoughts! 

Parents
  • Hi Everyone

We've just joined today and are finding our way around the site. We are a film makers based in Somerset / Bristol area and we run creative film making projects for artists who self describe as being Neurodiverse. We are also making a feature film called 'Dawn Of The Dark Fox' directed by Michael Smith, who has autism spectrum disorder, who has channelled his unique vision into this exciting project.

We are looking to connect with other Neurodiverse creatives and film makers initially in the Bristol area who would like to take part in our next Different Voices project in Jan 2019. Please get in touch via our website.

All the best

Stephen (biggerhouse film)

biggerhousefilm.co.uk/differentvoices

• Hi Everyone

We've just joined today and are finding our way around the site. We are a film makers based in Somerset / Bristol area and we run creative film making projects for artists who self describe as being Neurodiverse. We are also making a feature film called 'Dawn Of The Dark Fox' directed by Michael Smith, who has autism spectrum disorder, who has channelled his unique vision into this exciting project.

We are looking to connect with other Neurodiverse creatives and film makers initially in the Bristol area who would like to take part in our next Different Voices project in Jan 2019. Please get in touch via our website.

All the best

Stephen (biggerhouse film)

biggerhousefilm.co.uk/differentvoices

Children
No Data