Sacked and underpaid. Help. Feeling suicidal

I mentioned previously that I was fired unfairly on the 29th August.

And now the payment problems between my previous employer and Universal Credit!!!

Universal credit will in theory top up my earnings.  And on their letters they state my 'take home pay' and how it affects the amount they will pay in a particular month.

But my previous employer is reporting 'theoretical earnings'.  Not my actual take home pay.

In Sept, I received a total final pay off from my ex employer of £515.88.  into my bank account.  My UC letter states that my take home pay was £896.34.  As a result my UC payment is very low and my council tax benefit has been stopped because my pay is over the threshold.

I never received a pay slip for sept 2018.

However my ex employer has just sent me a final payslip for October 2018.

The numbers on the payslip do add up.  I just don't understand all the details.  I did ring the payroll department.  But they gave me the runaround.

1. I have highlighted in red the 515.88 that was actually paid.  And the 896.34 payment that was recalled and never made.  But reported to Universal  Credit.  I'mt sure why one is a positive deduction and the other a negative deduction.

As for the payments. I understand the pay in lieu of notice.  And the holiday pay.  But why is basic pay a negative payment .  And what and why is non-offset SSP pay a negative payment?

Finally, over the phone they said that earnings of £327 or was it £527.  Were being reported to UC for October .

But I was fired on the 29 August.  And I asked. And they confirmed that they were actually making NO payment to me in October.

Help.   Feeling suicidal!!!!Skull

Parents
  • Please get back to us, Robert.  Let us know that you're alright.

• I'm still upset because of the way my previous employer is reporting my pay to Universal Credit.

They were going to pay £896.34 in September.  And reported it to UC.  But then cancelled the payment because I was sacked on August 29th.

My UC letter for September shows the £896.34 as my take home pay.

Now in October, they have told me over the phone that my earning for October are £527, I think that's the holiday pay.  But the actual payment they will be making ( after all the adjustments) is ZERO.  How will that affect my Universal Credit?

The job centre no longer deals with the financial side of UC.  Workcoachs just deal with the work search side of things.

• Hi Robert I am pretty useless at all this, but surely your bank payments will show the deduction and that is your proof they firstly gave wrong details to the uc ( universal credit?) they supplied a pay slip which was wrong, they then corrected the actual amount in your payment, is that right?

Argh,,, sorry I struggle to grasp figures, 

This is a mess up by your employer, it is in no way anything of your making, 

They should be responsible for informing the uc of their error, once the uc know then surely they will adjust everything to how it should be, I take it that will mean giving you extra help?  

Really sorry I haven’t any answers for you, I am sure if I had a problem and you knew how to handle it you would be telling me just what to do, you have helped so many with advice, you lift spirits with your photographic adventures, please give this a bit of time, There are people here and elsewhere that will help you, Sunday night is very quite, 

your threads attract so many, we appreciate you as a person, 

take care my friend, x()x

• Hi Robert I am pretty useless at all this, but surely your bank payments will show the deduction and that is your proof they firstly gave wrong details to the uc ( universal credit?) they supplied a pay slip which was wrong, they then corrected the actual amount in your payment, is that right?

Argh,,, sorry I struggle to grasp figures, 

This is a mess up by your employer, it is in no way anything of your making, 

They should be responsible for informing the uc of their error, once the uc know then surely they will adjust everything to how it should be, I take it that will mean giving you extra help?  

Really sorry I haven’t any answers for you, I am sure if I had a problem and you knew how to handle it you would be telling me just what to do, you have helped so many with advice, you lift spirits with your photographic adventures, please give this a bit of time, There are people here and elsewhere that will help you, Sunday night is very quite, 

your threads attract so many, we appreciate you as a person, 

take care my friend, x()x

Children
No Data