What did you have for breakfast today?

Happy Monday! How was breakfast for you?

Mine was bread rolls, cornflakes and chamomile tea... I'm in a hostel on the Camino Costal in Portugal, surrounded by a very mixed group, mainly individuals, most from other European countries, some from Asia, one cycling, the rest walking the pretty coastal route to Santiago de Compostela in northern Spain :-) 

The breakfast is actually much more interesting here, but I have tummy ache, so I missed out on the yoghurt, cheese, meat, hot chocolate, orange juice, etc...

Parents
  • Erm, hard to answer usually. I have terrible late-onset insomnia, so my body-clock thinks I live somewhere in the middle of the USA; I'm never quite sure which meal I should call "breakfast"!

My first meal today, at about 2pm, was a couple of wholemeal sarnies of delicious beech-smoked ham, some grapes, and a cup of very strong coffee. I don't often feel like eating for a while when I've first woken up; I'm very slow to wake in both body and mind. Quite often it's just the coffee (and cigarettes) for the first couple of hours until I feel ready to eat.

• Oh, sorry to hear about your insomnia and thanks for sharing...

I'm usually like you, in that I'm an early bird, so I prefer to do some exercises, draw, paint, daydream or whatever for a couple of hours, then think about what to eat...

This place serves breakfast until 10:00, which is pretty civilised and doesn't change my 'routine' too much :-)

• Oh, sorry to hear about your insomnia and thanks for sharing...

I'm usually like you, in that I'm an early bird, so I prefer to do some exercises, draw, paint, daydream or whatever for a couple of hours, then think about what to eat...

This place serves breakfast until 10:00, which is pretty civilised and doesn't change my 'routine' too much :-)

Children
No Data