How to commit career suicide

- Walk out of your job half way through the day

- Not engage with the new work colleague beyond hello and goodbye even though you know you should make more of an effort and it's been picked up on

- Shout at your poor long suffering manager

- Start swearing when describing your role

- Make doodles on Paint instead of paying attention to important meetings

- Spend the vast majority of my working time lurking on various forums

I could go on. I've never been this bad. My boss is lovely and I know I'm a nightmare member of staff. I get 18 months into a job and just start getting bored or not enjoying it. I've been in this one for 2 and a half years which is a record for me but things are going from bad to worse.

I'm job hunting but I am only applying to things that grab me, I don't actually know what I want to do, so it's a slow, painful and frustrating process 

I feel like I'm in a black hole endlessly circling round with my life on repeat but at not quite 30 I have another 30 odd years ahead of me with this. Eugh

Parents
  • this sounds alot like myself I am 30 and have quit more jobs than I can count. I work in construction so its always contract work

if someone I am working for gives me a weeks notice that my services are no longer required due to the project nearing completion I just up and leave there and then.

if I am on a project where I cannot just get on with my job due to lack of materials or organisation I am gone, people say to me 'your still getting paid' but I cannot stand standing around doing nothing in an environment what is not my own.

throw a good few meltdowns into the mix and it doesn't bode well for future work :(

• I'm glad their is someone else who cant stand not doing anything.  I have to find work when im working, even if their isnt any.  Be that obsessively tidying, even sweeping floors.  Re-arranging warehouses based on pick patterns and trends.  I just can't go to a workplace and stand around chatting all day like most people do.  If no work is available I start going crazy as I view it as a waste of my time, regardless of whether im being paid.

Often people arent impressed, but senior managers occasionally notice that you arent quite like everyone else and promotions have been awarded in the past for having an atittude and work ethos that doesnt take the p***.

• I'm glad their is someone else who cant stand not doing anything.  I have to find work when im working, even if their isnt any.  Be that obsessively tidying, even sweeping floors.  Re-arranging warehouses based on pick patterns and trends.  I just can't go to a workplace and stand around chatting all day like most people do.  If no work is available I start going crazy as I view it as a waste of my time, regardless of whether im being paid.

Often people arent impressed, but senior managers occasionally notice that you arent quite like everyone else and promotions have been awarded in the past for having an atittude and work ethos that doesnt take the p***.

Children
No Data