Cancer and autism.

Hello my friends, I'm posting this in autistic adults because you are my friends and family.

My son also autistic had a lump (gp had insisted it was just a little fatty lump and nothing to worry about) removed from his head privately on Thursday evening. The surgeon was a little bothered when he found blood clots not fatty tissue, then went dead pale when he found a hole in sons skull. He packed it and took us to A&E. 

A&E didn t believe him!!!!  Eventually after a cat scascann 7 hours later they did believe and blue lighted us to st George's hospital in london.

So son has a 25 mm lytic lesion in his skull and cancer. How do I tell him? He knows about the hole, he knows it's not good but he's not got a clue about death. People die, they are meant to. He loves our cats but once they die they are gone. I don't know what to do or think it say. 

I am not asking for attention or sympathy, just for advice on how to deal with this for him and for me.

Song

Parents
  • Sorry everyone I should have said son is 27. (Tomorrow 18th Sept)

He is going to have a brilliant birthday. We have just wrapped his presents.

Thank you every one

Song

• Ah, I see. Sorry about the mix-up.
    He's the same age as me.
    Hope he has a great birthday, Song. The adult branch of the hospice is where you want to enquire further for help, I think (and my local does have special provision for 18-30 year olds), but I'd leave it until after today; just have some good time together as a family now. x

• Ah, I see. Sorry about the mix-up.
    He's the same age as me.
    Hope he has a great birthday, Song. The adult branch of the hospice is where you want to enquire further for help, I think (and my local does have special provision for 18-30 year olds), but I'd leave it until after today; just have some good time together as a family now. x

Children
No Data