Research/books — neuroscience for dummies

Hi everyone

i recently bought a book ‘neurosceience For dummies’ in an attempt to understand the mechanics of the autistic mind. May not be the first stop for some people but I really wasn’t too sure where to go to with their being so much to choose from online. I prefer to go straight to the foundation. Do you have any opinions on where I am best to pry into? I’m not too good with having a book in front of me unless I know what I am going to focus on, it overwhelms me. This often happens, I get something because I am aware that it will be helpful, but I can’t tackle it unless I am fully aware of a small area I can begin with. Does this happen to any of you? 

Any other doses of advice? I’m interested in basically what areas of the brain are supposedly non typical, why, behaviours induced, along with self help techniques. 

Best wishes!

Parents
  • Sorry guys, if it seems like i don't reply to all posts.

I find it extremely difficult to keep up with responses at times and come up with what to say in return as it gets very complicated in my mind.

This is exactly the type of thing that I'm wanting to learn more of and overcome the best I can.

I'd try not to worry about it too much. I have that problem too very often; not just here, either, but with my emails, texts,  snail-mail, and, of course, face-to-face conversation.

It's good to have you around, no matter how much or how little you're able to contribute. Take it at your own pace, and if it starts to feel overwhelming, give yourself a bit of rest when you need it. This isn't Facebook - most people here understand what it feels like to be over-stimulated and the need to take a step back to mentally digest things.

I'd try not to worry about it too much. I have that problem too very often; not just here, either, but with my emails, texts,  snail-mail, and, of course, face-to-face conversation.

It's good to have you around, no matter how much or how little you're able to contribute. Take it at your own pace, and if it starts to feel overwhelming, give yourself a bit of rest when you need it. This isn't Facebook - most people here understand what it feels like to be over-stimulated and the need to take a step back to mentally digest things.

Children
No Data