Never had friends

well I’m 31 and I don’t think I’ve ever had friends. Yesterday I was assessed and diagnosed with autism and aspergers and within the assessment it was pointed out I have a weird tone of voice ie tone vs context, my wife pointed out I can sound aggressive of which I was partially conscious about but unaware of how noticible it was. Also something I didn’t know was a lack of facial expressions resulting in a “blank face “ as the psychiatrist put it. Know I know y I struggled to make friends. But not sure how this knowledge will help me to make friends? 

Parents
  • Good question.(Meaning I'd like to see other peoples' answers.)

We were talking about gestures here a month or two ago. I'm not sure if lack of emotion in your face or hands or posture is a huge barrier to friendship, or if social awkwardness is. Maybe the way to make friends is not related to that knowledge, it's about doing the kinds of things where you'd meet people you'd get on well with. Role-playing games has been one example.

You have a wife though, which is pretty good going in my books.

• Been with her for 12 years and married two and by god she has a lot of patience lol

Reply Children
No Data