shutdowns -unable to stick to schedule

frequently triggered shutdowns means that they can be unpredictable- it is leading to me having to unexpectedly have days off, cancel a lot of things that i am half way through completing, hindering my progress, and it seems like being stuck in a loop. it causes great distress. how do you handle this?

Parents
  • Not sure how much help this will be, but is there anything you're stuck in the middle of which can be delegated? If not, all I can do in this sort of situation is to prioritise my list and try to concentrate on only one or two of the most urgent things at a time. Try to get plenty of sleep and eat well. I sometimes agree to do things which I would have been OK to do at the time, but then have a bad day (or a bad week) and can't cope with it because my resources are now more limited. I then realise I should have left myself some time out. Sometimes you have to just say no to people, although that's not something I'm personally very good at. If you're really at your limit, shutdowns are probably your body's way of dealing with the stress, try to go easy on yourself. Best wishes.

• Not sure how much help this will be, but is there anything you're stuck in the middle of which can be delegated? If not, all I can do in this sort of situation is to prioritise my list and try to concentrate on only one or two of the most urgent things at a time. Try to get plenty of sleep and eat well. I sometimes agree to do things which I would have been OK to do at the time, but then have a bad day (or a bad week) and can't cope with it because my resources are now more limited. I then realise I should have left myself some time out. Sometimes you have to just say no to people, although that's not something I'm personally very good at. If you're really at your limit, shutdowns are probably your body's way of dealing with the stress, try to go easy on yourself. Best wishes.

Children
No Data