Pip confused.

So I think i told you last week that I have got enhanced rate on both parts of my pip claim.

I had a look through the scores and they are not right for me, for instance as some of you know I can't walk very much at all, but I have only got 2 points for that, considering I am wheelchair 99% of the time and have to be pushed i would have thought that I would get more points than that. There are loads more examples but you get what I mean. So considering I have enough points for the claim do I get my advocate to make a fuss so that my claim represents me even a little more accurately or do we leave it alone because I have enough points?

Song.

• If you ask for things to change you risk your whole claim being looked at and the points being altered and this might not go in your favour. If i were you I'd leave it.

• There are various benefits and support services which might require you to be in receipt of PIP (or a certain part of it), but I have never heard of any which used the scores.  A phone call to your local CAB should be able to tell you this for sure. When your PIP comes up for reassessment, I doubt very much that your old scores will matter very much, I imagine it will be back to proving yourself all over again, as for people who migrated from DLA to PIP.  So it's likely that the scores are not really "representing" you any more; they have served their purpose and are now just part of a historical record.

If that's the case, then I think there's little point in appealing, since you already have the maximum award, though I guess it might be possible to have the duration of the award increased. Unless those scores are going to be used for something, it sounds like a lot of hassle for very little possible gain.