Don't know what to do about work

Hello,

I am not sure what to do about work, have been struggling for a long time with various pressures, insiide and outside of work. A month ago I had a meeting with my medical team and my employers, I was under the impression this was to discuss my required changes and how to move forward with them. My employer announces they want to place me on a performance improvement plan for 30 days, stating where they feel I am at is a long way from where they want to be, and also mentioning they feel my role is changing needing more collaboration which conflicts with my required changes. They said the purpose of the meeting with my medical team was to check I was fit to do the plan as it would be very demanding and stressful.

My medical team said they were not the ones to decide if I was fit, and said that would be between me and my GP. I arranged to see him following Monday and have been off sick for four weeks this weekend. 

I asks for further details of the performance improvement plan and what it would be involved, I received a spreadsheet highlighting areas of improvement, but no real plan. I am shocked at some of the things they have mentions and don't know where they get that information from. That too with communication with my colleagues which I have been praised for on occaisions with my peers.

I have had problems with my work, that has been hindered by a new manager I just hate and don't get on with; having said that I try and keep conversations brief and professional.

I have read about performance improvement plans are basically just to kick you out of the organisation, and that is my gut feeling. My skills are outdated are not marketable in the workplace.

I have been in contact with Access to Work, but trying to get anything arranged in this day and age is slow and cumbersome. I had decided to go through with the trial, it would get me a months pay at least, and would put an end to uncertainty about some things. I then think that things are not so bad as I think they are, and things will be fine after the trial. Then I feel opposite end, in that no matter how well the trial goes, it would still not make a difference. I am considering long term sick, then learning the new skills myself, and trying to find another job. Problem is new employers expect you to have the skills they want and be in employment.

Another option is to raise a grievance, I have been very angry about a number of problems at work, and have held back as I just dint really have the capacity to add to the problems at work

Sorry, I know I have repeated stuff from my older post. I though I would start a new thread to explain how I am thinking now 

Random

Parents
  • I am in a very similar situation! You are not alone!

have been struggling for a long time with various pressures, inside and outside of work.

I am only there to keep my budget in balance. Other than that I feel that being there harms me and my health is going down.

• I am in a very similar situation! You are not alone!

have been struggling for a long time with various pressures, inside and outside of work.

I am only there to keep my budget in balance. Other than that I feel that being there harms me and my health is going down.

Children
No Data