Private referal

Hello,

I am currently having no luck with the nhs autism diagnosis system. I am looking into paying to have a private one done.

Has anyone had this private? What are good orgainsations/ people to contact? Price range?

Thank you 

Parents
  • My experience was very similar to Silverdale's, including the cost. I'm on the NHS waiting list (in Berkshire) - have been for over a year - but was getting frustrated with not knowing, and still have no idea when I'll get my appointment. I had my private assessment done at ThePractice MK in Milton Keynes. Like Silverdale's, they also do NHS referrals so that gave me some confidence. I've been given a diagnosis of ASD but am still waiting for my full diagnostic report. Ideally, I'd have preferred not to spend my own money on the assessment - but I feel I could be waiting years for the NHS assessment at this rate!

• Diagnostic services in Berkshire are not the best I waited 18months to be met by an assessment what was dismissive from the start I was told I was not autistic due to the fact I don't flap my hands, can talk about a subject I am interested in, that I have no organizational skills assessor said people with aspergers are very organized I dispute this as a problem with executive function.  I wasn't questioned in depth about the difficulties I face in life with work, relationships, and friendships. I cited the main reason for seeking diagnosis was my meltdowns when I tried to raise the subject of meltdowns it got ignored.

I am seeking a second opinion through my gp who is supportive and understanding of my problems but ill probably be waiting another year.

• Diagnostic services in Berkshire are not the best I waited 18months to be met by an assessment what was dismissive from the start I was told I was not autistic due to the fact I don't flap my hands, can talk about a subject I am interested in, that I have no organizational skills assessor said people with aspergers are very organized I dispute this as a problem with executive function.  I wasn't questioned in depth about the difficulties I face in life with work, relationships, and friendships. I cited the main reason for seeking diagnosis was my meltdowns when I tried to raise the subject of meltdowns it got ignored.

I am seeking a second opinion through my gp who is supportive and understanding of my problems but ill probably be waiting another year.

Children
No Data