Immigration anomaly

I have Asperger's Syndrome. My goal is to immigrate to the United Kingdom. I am not using the local immigration law to enter the country. I am using my rights under the Conventions on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities. Based upon that, I am an immigration anomaly.

I am going to be honest here. I am suffering from too much information. As an informed American, I need to create action upon what I know.

I could say that I am obsessing about my country, Donald Trump, and the Robert Mueller probe. The purpose of the obsession is the watching and waiting for the accountability that everyone is expecting to happen at some point. One of my tipping points is the lack of inconsistency of accountability. President Clinton was impeached because of the Monica Lewinsky scandal, but nothing has happened to Trump when it comes to Stormy Daniels and Karen Mcdougall. In addition, the Trump administration is guilty of human rights offenses. Trump has made Clinton look so incredibly small in comparison and there is no political will to impeach him for accountability for his actions and abuses. I have to live with the facts I read about. Moreover, I am someone who creates action. The action has turned into this:

LEAVING THE UNITED STATES

I have reached my tipping point.

Moreover, I can't take the United States seriously anymore. From a failure to enact strict gun control laws to the monopolized control of its industries, I have to leave.

I have health insurance. It doesn't matter. I am one hospital visit away from going into debt. My health insurer can simply turn down my claim.

The cost of living is too high. I would have to work three full time jobs in order to make ends meet.

Eventually, I want to have my own family. My kids will not be safe at their schools because of loose gun control laws.

I have a repetitive motion injury from my current employer. My employer will not accommodate my injury so I can keep working, so I am on disability leave. Disability insurance payments last until they run out. It lasted me only a year.

The same employer, Walgreens, does not know how to work with people with disabilities. When I was going through an undue hardship, the managers I immediately responded to would not move me to a different work environment so I could return to normalcy. Before this employer, the one before, Target, had no disability awareness or training to handle my disability. I faced disciplined instead of accommodation. I tried getting an accommodation with Walgreens, but they did not provide. Ever since requesting that accommodation, I have decided to look elsewhere and been planning to come to the UK since.

It has been three years since I starting focusing on coming to the UK. I value living a normal life and return from work without having to obsess about what happened to me at work. I am a musician. I practice my instruments when I do not obsess. When I obsess, I play video games to detach my thoughts so I don't have to think. My employment created my escapism.

I want to try finding employment here in the UK, but my disability is a solutions-based focus to solve the problems that I find. I find a problem and I fix it. If my employer is not interested in taking my solutions and leaving things as is, the workplace enables my disability. If I am to be employed, I recognize that I must be in a position to solve problems. Otherwise, I will go home obsessing about problems I discover.

My ultimate goal is to be self employed. I got my bachelor's degree in music. I know how to play drums, bass guitar, piano, harmonica, and hand percussion. I recognize that I can be a high demand session musician in London. In addition, my musical talent as a drummer/bass guitarist is exceptional. I am a difference maker; the missing piece that takes the music to another level. London is the perfect place for me.

Outside music, I have NeurOptimal. The most important thing to know about me is I am self-sufficient. I do not need help for my disability. I provide my own help. I do not even plan on using the universal healthcare because I use alternative medicines. I have not seen an actual doctor in over 10 years. I am an extremely healthy individual.

I can make extra income with the NeurOptimal. I am registered with the company who created it and certified as a basic trainer to provide the service the NeurOptimal provides. The NeurOptimal can help anyone that is going through mental health issues or if you are looking for help for your own disability. I can provide this service. I am my best example that the NeurOptimal works.

I am putting a lot of value on being self employed. When I find a problem, I get to solve my own problems. The most important reason why I want to be in the UK and London is I am investing in my musical talent. As a session musician, I don't fit into the whole immigration picture. When you take into consideration how immigration works, bands must be registered and licensed to issue certificates of sponsorships in order for me to enter the country. There are other opportunities that I can look for, but these businesses are not able to provide certificates of sponsorships. Even if I were to find an organization to get a talent visa, the immigration law does not allow the individual to be self employed. I am built and set up to be self employed. It's another example proving why I am an immigration anomaly.

I can say at this point in time that I have paid and working with an immigration lawyer right now. We are building a humans rights case to enable me to stay here. Simply being in a different country than my own has helped me so much to stop obsessing about my own country and focus more on myself and my self employment projects. I wish it was easier to be granted permission to stay here. Immigration laws aren't inclusive to the disabled though. I am aware how nonprofit organizations get people with disabilities jobs. People with disabilities work entry level jobs. In accordance to the fact, how immigration is being practiced here is not abiding by the Conventions on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities.

I have found a problem and I am in the process of fixing it. Thankfully, the entire world is talking about immigration right now. This is the perfect time to get countries to create a program or inclusive immigration laws to take the disabled into account. Whatever careers the disabled choose to have, it would be recommendable that we have the ability to go where the jobs are. My goal is to help the UK in this matter. In order to open the doors of immigration to the disabled, I am going to have to communicate and work with the United Nations.

While I am here, I am fully intending to help in the disabled communities. I have the public speaking skills and literacy to communicate for those can't. I recognize that I have something to give to the conversation about disability and how it is viewed. I am helping my local community with their individuals who live with their autism or Asperger's syndrome. I have found the best place for myself to contribute and feel valued at the same time. In my immigration case, I would love to generate the value why we want someone like me here in the UK.

• As long as I have paperwork that declares my disability, I consider it beneficial regardless where the assessment is taken. 

The only concern is where I am mentally right now. I have received a lot of quality help. I use the NeurOptimal on myself at least twice a week. However, it hasn’t done anything towards that I can’t help that I obsess. 

I have reached a normalized life, but wait until I go to work. It completely changes when I have to work at a mentally unstable workplace.

I am incredibly resourceful and learned how to use the hierarchy of an employer/business. I have what it takes to report bad managers, but that isn’t my job. If I end up doing that, it means my workplace is not stable for my disability. My goal is to find employment where I do not have to return home obsessing what happened to me at work. I am not interested in that because I’d rather be self-employed instead of bouncing around mentally unstable workplace to mentally unstable workplace.

I have the education and the emotional intelligence to be a really great manager, but I don’t have the experience to be a manager. In addition, I will have to answer to a manager above me. 

On the other hand, I need something that is going to challenge me and keep me challenged. I encounter my disability after I have mastered a job. When I reach that point, my mind will wonder and I will find something to obsess about to keep myself challenged. I am such a workhorse in that regard. I wish employers understood that, especially someone who assesses me. Wait until I find a problem, and then you will discover what happens to me.

I can obsess about global warming, and I’ll find solutions. I can obsess about immigration, and I will find solutions. I can obsess about BREXIT, and I will find reasons why you should and should not do it. 

I’ll do NeurOptimal as my private practice. I’ll get wellbeing coaching in case people aren’t open to the NeurOptimal, so that I am not entirely reliant on the NeurOptimal as the service I provide. On the other hand, I would love to create a living off of helping solve problems. 

• It may be a slight digress from the main topic, but your question about immigration and disability made me wonder about whether different countries acknowledge the diagnosis if you have got it from a different country? Would you need to get a re-assessment after you move to a new country?

(1)  Since the training required to make a diagnosis can be so different around the world. Would a country that has a higher qualification criteria for the diagnostician have problems if you get your diagnosis in a country where the diagnostician qualification is lower? 

(2) Since the US uses the DSM-5 for diagnosis guidelines, whereas many parts of the UK and EU use the ICD-10. In DSM-5, Aspergers no longer exists as a separate diagnosis, but it still exists in ICD-10. So if you get an Aspergers diagnosis in the UK, would it be a problem if you go to the US?

• You seem to know a lot about different countries!

I haven't thought that much about health insurance. I had assumed if you work in a company in America, your employer would help sponsor your health insurance?

Have you been to the UK before? It might be a good idea to see how it is like living here for a few months before considering immigration. 

• Canada recently passed immigration laws that are inclusive to the disabled. If I wasn’t here to experience the U.K.’s music industry at the same time, Canada would be higher on my list compared to the U.K.

As a musician that considers himself a student to music, I am aware that the Beatles, The Rolling Stones, The Who, Led Zeppelin, and other top acts have originated from this music industry. 

As for you interest in America, I would wait for universal healthcare. Healthcare is way too expensive in the United States. It is not even worth it. The cost for health insurance is still rising. If you wind up in the hospital beyond your own means, the bill will completely blow you away: “Why is it so expensive?!?!”

• At least in North America, people are usually polite and at least try to be helpful, for the most part. Here in the UK, many people can't even be bothered with basic manners anymore, and forget about fair treatment at work, which is reserved for those who are socially adept (i.e. good at manipulating others).

That's really interesting. I haven't had that much experience of north American culture, but I definitely can feel what you are saying about the UK. I'm currently having a difficult time at work (well grad school) because of unfair treatment, it seems that those who are socially adept (i.e. good at manipulating others) get the best deal. You've summarised very well what I have been experiencing. 

I think I would like to visit America because I have heard many good things about it, particularly it's scientific advancement and work environment. But I also have fears
    about safety mainly due to the loose gun control laws Dfactor mentioned. 

• There is nothing personal about making you aware that you are the one who has to stop using the forum.

Failing is not a bad thing, by the way. You learn more from your failures compared to your successes. Failing leads you somewhere. Success is not a good indicator of progress. Failure is a much better barometer.

• I have chosen to go, life is too short.

But I saw your post and it raised a lot of questions, so I asked them, objectively and pragmatically.  

I won't dignify your judgements of me with a reply to them, amusing and wrong as they are. 

They say that someone is failing when they get personal.... 

• I didn’t realize I was talking to you who wrote and started the JUMPED OR PUSHED? thread.

With all due respect, I just want to point out that if you really don’t want to be in this forum and don’t want to fit in, why are you spending your time here? Time is more valuable than the money you make. You do not have to be here.

You asked to have your account deleted. You don’t have to wait for it to be deleted. All you have to do is stop using and perusing this forum. 

This might be the last post you read here. All I can ask of you is to invest in yourself. This is the purpose of this forum. This is a community to help each other invest into our loved ones with autism or Asperger’s syndrome, or for yourself if it’s you who has it. How you use these forums determines what you get out of it. 

Come and go when you please. These forums are always here. It just doesn’t mean you always have to be here. 

• Slow down.

He did not consent, so NeurOptimal was not done.

• I have many more questions but I will stop and ask no more.

• I would have to get a testimonial from them.

A testimonial? for what? unethical practicing on a non-consenting boy?!

• By the way, the son did not consent to the NeurOptimal.

This is very disturbing ethics.  

• don’t think you have done any research on NeurOptimal.

I was told about it a lot of years ago. 

Last year it was shown as part of a documentary and was inconclusive. I did some more research on it after the programme and it was inconclusive.  I wasn't impressed and that is why I didn't mention NeurOptimal, I was politely ignoring the (in my own opinion) insignificant waste of money.

Rather your head/brain and money on Neuroptimal practice than mine. 

• By the way, the son did not consent to the NeurOptimal.

Ethics?

I do not like that you conduct your practice on non consenting clients.

• I asked for my account to be deleted recently so I won't be here for long.

• I stand corrected, I should have said obsessions not anxieties. 

Oh you are here already? your posting was confusing as to whether you were wanting to come here or were here already. 

Did I mention anything about NeurOptimal? No I didn't. Because I am generalising about the situation and not focussing on anything. 

A chance meeting with a family is not a local council change or a government policy achievement, that is what I was talking about.

Why not campaign for those services in the US and get the UN involved in that and make America great for the disabled?!   

I recognize that the U.K. is a mess right now.

....aaaannnnd you are here to save us! well praise be and amen to that!

So how do you think the U.K. can accommodate more disabled when the local councils can barely provide facilities and resources for the many disabled they have? Not to mention all the workplace adaptations and corporate acceptances?! 

How? what? when? results? something more concrete than the pie in the sky you are offering? 

There are people fleeing ethnic cleansing, war torn countries, girls being trafficked as sex workers, modern slavery, people in extreme danger and you have a sense of entitlement just because you don't like your present government that you could ride out for a few years until the next one is elected and you don't get things there that you would get here....mmmm.  So why not put your desire to campaign for the disabled to use in the US to help yourself and your fellow Americans instead of just helping yourself by way of bailing out on your fellow Americans?  I don't get it, when you believe you can do so much for disabled that you won't do it for your own country.  

• don’t think you have done any research on NeurOptimal.

I have befriended a couple families here. One of them has a son with Asperger’s and ODD. The mother asked me to meet and talk to their son. By the way, the son did not consent to the NeurOptimal.

After meeting and talking with him several times, I asked his father if I had made any impact or difference on his son. He told me he has seen a big difference in his son. Quote: “I wish he had met you ten years ago.” I would have to get a testimonial from them.

I have an emotional intelligence that I never had while growing up and as an adult until I started the NeurOptimal for myself (which I have been doing for 3 years now). I have confidence in myself to be a life and wellbeing coach. 

I recognize that the U.K. is a mess right now. My country is no different. No country is perfect. There is violence and crime everywhere. Nowhere is safe because of terrorism.

There is a looming financial crisis on the horizon. I have two choices:

A: Take all of my money out of my accounts, find somewhere I can live off the land, dig a hole and put my money in a chest so my money is safe from the coming economic collapse. Wait it out for ten years.

B: Live. Build the career and life I want to live. Contribute. Educate and fight to try and stop the coming economic collapse. Enjoy my life to the fullest. 

I choose B. I am going to die someday. I don’t know when. I’d rather live than let die.

I have done my research on London. I am living in a town that is the perfect balance of “everyone knows everyone” and within the vicinity of the town center.

I have absolutely zero anxieties. 

I am loving London. I am loving the people. I am loving all the different accents and cultures. I have not had to experience the extremism except for one delayed train due to an altercation that occurred somewhere else.

Why? First, I want to experience the music industry here. Second, I know I have not faced the challenges and the button pushing that can happen in a relationship. There are resources here that I, or my future spouse, do not get back in the States compared to the U.K.

My own mother realized I found something when she started learning more about Mencap. I was living with my parents. Eventually, I have to leave the nest and live on my own. I recognize that I am different. If I ever need support, I know Mencap, NAS, and any other nonprofit will be there for me. 

• Yeesh, good luck with that. I have lived in several countries, including the US and the UK, and whatever the government and law system is, I have been treated far worse socially on a daily basis by people in Europe and especially in the UK, than in North America. All I can think of now is getting out of the UK, for that reason and because there are far too many corrupt, greedy, and criminal firms (in many different aspects of the service industry) that have no concept of customer service and basically treat their customers like criminals by default, and everyone just seems to accept it (which is perhaps the worse thing).

At least in North America, people are usually polite and at least try to be helpful, for the most part. Here in the UK, many people can't even be bothered with basic manners anymore, and forget about fair treatment at work, which is reserved for those who are socially adept (i.e. good at manipulating others).

That being said, I can totally understand your desire to leave the US. Just be careful, though, about not getting your hopes too high about how life will really be in the UK. Sorry I can't give any immigration advice but I wish you the best.

• Why? 

We have the providers of this forum doing a lot of work for autism and there are organisations in the communities doing work for Autism locally and campaigning. Get on board with them, don't confuse the issue by starting up new things.

We are going through BREXIT, leaving Europe, immigration, disability rights and human rights are to be decided. 

You seem uninformed about the country you want to come and save. 

It's well meaning but niave and blue-sky with no real track record of achievements to bring and put in place here. Do your research on London, the cost of living and the crime there, drugs, gangs, knives, guns, terrorist attacks, how would your anxieties be there?!

What if you don't like it here? 

• When you take organizations like Mencap and NAS in mind, why should I go elsewhere?

Mad Max.....We don't need another hero!