Don't know what I can do

Hello everyone. I'm writing this in the hopes that some of you may have been in a similar situation and found a way out. I feel so alone but I feel like there's nothing I can do about it. I don't have any friends anymore, I haven't for years now. My routine for the last 2 1/2 years has been go to work, come home and play the xbox or watch netflix. Go to bed, wake up and do it all again. I brothers that ocassionally play with me, but they have their own lives and do their own things too. The only people I do have are my immediate family but because i'm around them so much I feel like i'm always sick of their company. I can't reqlly go out and do things unless they will aswell, because of my anxiety it is hard to go and do things on my own. Can you see my problem? I'm either on my own or with family but feel like I need to be away from them at thr same time. I attend a social group that hasn't been going too well. And i've tried online dating or looking for events but they all cost. It seems like anything I want to try to be more social costs money. Money that i'm reluctant to spend as I'd probably pay for a dating event and be too anxious to show up. I just don't know what to do anymore

Parents
  • Hi Dean. I know the problem. Some quick suggestions:

• Ask your family to introduce you to people. Use what contacts you have to meet new people, so that includes work too. That helps you get more comfortable with new people.
    • I wouldn't pay for introductions and that kind of social group particularly (although many people do, even for walking groups). Rather pay for something you might enjoy even if you were on your own.
    • Have a look for adult education courses.
    • Do have a look around meetup.com for something nearby that might be interesting.

Keep on keeping on.

• Hi Dean. I know the problem. Some quick suggestions:

• Ask your family to introduce you to people. Use what contacts you have to meet new people, so that includes work too. That helps you get more comfortable with new people.
    • I wouldn't pay for introductions and that kind of social group particularly (although many people do, even for walking groups). Rather pay for something you might enjoy even if you were on your own.
    • Have a look for adult education courses.
    • Do have a look around meetup.com for something nearby that might be interesting.

Keep on keeping on.

Children
No Data