Did anything good happen today? July 2018

So this is a place to share the good things that happen in our lives. They don't have to be huge even little tiny good things are good.

Parents
  • I put up a curtain rail today all by myself. Well not quite all by myself, hubby was there directing me but I did all the work by myself. I even got to drill 6 holes in the wall.

• I have been trying to figure out how to use a power drill to put a curtain rail up in our new flat, so cudos to you Smile

• Ah, curtain rails. 

This is a two-person job, really. You need a compliant assistant to hold things where you tell them to whilst you are marking out dimensions and levels.

Measure, measure, measure again. Don't assume anything is centred, symmetrical, straight or level. Smirk

Typically you need one bracket above the middle of the reveal, plus careful thought re: how much length beyond the reveal to left and right, to keep open curtains where you want them.

If the brackets have three screw holes that will be quite close together, you might need to stick with red plugs, a 5.5mm masonry bit, and screws on the larger side of the range.

Use a fresh junior hacksaw blade if you're trimming ends off the curtain poles. 

• Ah, curtain rails. 

This is a two-person job, really. You need a compliant assistant to hold things where you tell them to whilst you are marking out dimensions and levels.

Measure, measure, measure again. Don't assume anything is centred, symmetrical, straight or level. Smirk

Typically you need one bracket above the middle of the reveal, plus careful thought re: how much length beyond the reveal to left and right, to keep open curtains where you want them.

If the brackets have three screw holes that will be quite close together, you might need to stick with red plugs, a 5.5mm masonry bit, and screws on the larger side of the range.

Use a fresh junior hacksaw blade if you're trimming ends off the curtain poles. 

Children
No Data