Which job sectors do people work in ?

Hi, 

Just out of curiosity, which job sectors do people currently work in, or have worked in, in the past? 

I work in adult social care, specifically learning disabilities /ASC, after exploring numerous other sectors that turned out to be ill suited to my motivation, social and preferred working styles (theatre / film /tv, admin. temping,  call centres (yuck !), harvest work). 

Parents
  • I have a question to those who work from home.

Did you look for positions that offer working from home and got it immediately or later after started your jobs.

I am trying to get working from home from my employer and it is a battle. I would say a war.

They absolutely do not want to hear about that.

• I am not surprised. 

Working from home can cause lots of difficulties for employers. It tends to be a privilege, not an automatic right, and also needs to be something that a manager can withdraw at any time, without really needing to give a reason. 

Have you framed the discussion in terms of monetary value to your employer, or have you focussed more on what you want to get out of it?

• This makes no sense to me.

If this is something I want, I will be depressed and unhappy until I will get it.

And I will keep looking for that everywhere around until I will get it.

• That's great -- in that case you should have no trouble finding what you're looking for.

Reply Children
No Data