Bringing someone along

Hi all

I am hoping to get a date soon for my assessment, but i understand that ill be asked to bring someone along who has known me for a long time. I plan to bring my older sister.  My question is though, would she be with me all the time im being assessed?  I would rather that not happen, i dont mind her being asked questions separately, but id much rather be interviewed on my own, just wondered what the standard is?

Thanks! 

Parents
  • My mum came with me. She was there for all of the assessment but I told one of the assessors before the start that there was one issue I did not want them to disclose and in the end there were a couple of other questions I declined to answer so I ended up going along later by myself for a follow-up meeting although I think they had already agreed that I was autistic by that point.

• My mum came with me. She was there for all of the assessment but I told one of the assessors before the start that there was one issue I did not want them to disclose and in the end there were a couple of other questions I declined to answer so I ended up going along later by myself for a follow-up meeting although I think they had already agreed that I was autistic by that point.

Children
  • thanks for that.  thats a bit concerning for me, ill contact them i think before hand and ask if its possible for me to be assessed alone.  not surprisingly autism (if thats what i have) has made it so that i really dont get myself involved with anyone, including family, so im not close enough to my sister to be comfortable laying bare my entire life

thanks again