Question for adult diagnosees

Hi all,

I'm an adult in England and I had my through-the-NHS assessment a few weeks ago where the psychologist confirmed to me I was autistic.

Since then though I haven't heard or received anything in the post about it either from the assessor or my Doctors so I was wondering how long this usually takes? From what I have read I am meant to be sent a report?

Thank you in advance for any answers

Parents
  • I recommend that you write to the practice at which the person who diagnosed you works, asking for your report. There is nothing unreasonable about wanting the report in a reasonable amount of time. You are entitled to it, after all. I got mine very quickly (within 2 weeks after the diagnosis), but my whole diagnostic process was a LOT faster than others on here have experienced. The GP practice that referred me misfiled my diagnosis letter and couldn't find it when I went to my followup appointment, so it is possible for errors to be made, and that may be why you don't yet have your report.

Good luck!

• I recommend that you write to the practice at which the person who diagnosed you works, asking for your report. There is nothing unreasonable about wanting the report in a reasonable amount of time. You are entitled to it, after all. I got mine very quickly (within 2 weeks after the diagnosis), but my whole diagnostic process was a LOT faster than others on here have experienced. The GP practice that referred me misfiled my diagnosis letter and couldn't find it when I went to my followup appointment, so it is possible for errors to be made, and that may be why you don't yet have your report.

Good luck!

Children