Question for adult diagnosees

Hi all,

I'm an adult in England and I had my through-the-NHS assessment a few weeks ago where the psychologist confirmed to me I was autistic.

Since then though I haven't heard or received anything in the post about it either from the assessor or my Doctors so I was wondering how long this usually takes? From what I have read I am meant to be sent a report?

Thank you in advance for any answers

Parents
  • You aren't the only person that has just been diagnosed and you aren't the only person that needs a report typed up. I've noticed a common theme on this website but with people that post that feel self entitled that medial professionals and other teams are going to click their fingers and give you what you want there and then. That isn't life you aren't important to the system over someone else. Patience is a virtue just be patient. 

• You aren't the only person that has just been diagnosed and you aren't the only person that needs a report typed up. I've noticed a common theme on this website but with people that post that feel self entitled that medial professionals and other teams are going to click their fingers and give you what you want there and then. That isn't life you aren't important to the system over someone else. Patience is a virtue just be patient. 

Children
  • Hi Rose, I agree with your viewpoint and I feel only gratitude for the NHS workers who are doing their best in an overloaded system.  However, without being "self entitled", as an individual only I can champion my own cause!  There's nothing wrong with working to give yourself the best chance and outcome, tempered of course with patience.  Only persistence has resulted in a diagnosis from a switched-on and overworked practitioner after many, many years of misdiagnosis... I urge others to be respectful but to fight their corner for as long as it takes.....