Question for adult diagnosees

Hi all,

I'm an adult in England and I had my through-the-NHS assessment a few weeks ago where the psychologist confirmed to me I was autistic.

Since then though I haven't heard or received anything in the post about it either from the assessor or my Doctors so I was wondering how long this usually takes? From what I have read I am meant to be sent a report?

Thank you in advance for any answers

Parents
  • Greetings...

From myself...Not a good answer, though, maybe... yet an answer nonetheless. I myself was Referred in 2012, Assessed in 2013, and got my Report in 2014!

The lesson here is that, as soon as a diagnosis is gained, press for some "Hard Copy" proof, right there upon the spot. Go to wherever you were assessed, and keep asking them; if they genuinely want to help (and if the main Psychologist/Doctor/Assessor is still there), then you can press for at least a "Summary" of your diagnosis. Ask for them by name, and keep asking for either "proof" or "a summary" -- this is to prove that the whole thing happened, at all. (!)

...Sometimes they will report to "your GP" before they report back to yourself. Try asking there, and insist upon gaining Proof. (Gain a copy of what the GP may be looking at.)

• Greetings...

From myself...Not a good answer, though, maybe... yet an answer nonetheless. I myself was Referred in 2012, Assessed in 2013, and got my Report in 2014!

The lesson here is that, as soon as a diagnosis is gained, press for some "Hard Copy" proof, right there upon the spot. Go to wherever you were assessed, and keep asking them; if they genuinely want to help (and if the main Psychologist/Doctor/Assessor is still there), then you can press for at least a "Summary" of your diagnosis. Ask for them by name, and keep asking for either "proof" or "a summary" -- this is to prove that the whole thing happened, at all. (!)

...Sometimes they will report to "your GP" before they report back to yourself. Try asking there, and insist upon gaining Proof. (Gain a copy of what the GP may be looking at.)

Children
No Data