Curious - How many of you are married to ADHD partners

Hi everyone, 

I have been recently diagnosed with ASD. Husband and I were wondering how many of you with ASD are married to partners with ADHD?

My psychiatrist thought that it might not be a natural/easy (not sure how to put it) match for people with ASD due to the chaotic/impulsive nature of people with ADHD and so it might not happen very often. 

I have been married to my ADHD?OCD husband for five years in the autumn and we would have been together for 10 years :)

J

Parents
  • I was briefly married for a few years in my twenties, luckily that was over thirty years ago now & I never made the same mistake again ;-)

• Doesn't suit everybody and that is OK too. I had an Aunt who convinced that if you hadn't been married and divorced at least once then you don't know what you want from relationships and what suits you (most of her family, including herself, found happiness in their third or fourth partner, married or unmarried). My partner and I had been living with each other 5 years before we got married so we knew what each of us were going to have to put up with long before we tied the knot ;-) (me being humorous - I don't always get it right)

• Doesn't suit everybody and that is OK too. I had an Aunt who convinced that if you hadn't been married and divorced at least once then you don't know what you want from relationships and what suits you (most of her family, including herself, found happiness in their third or fourth partner, married or unmarried). My partner and I had been living with each other 5 years before we got married so we knew what each of us were going to have to put up with long before we tied the knot ;-) (me being humorous - I don't always get it right)

Children
No Data