Referral funding

Hi all

Well next in the list of dramas while waiting for my referral for diagnosis! When I found where I was getting referred to (which took a lot of work), they told me they had my referalr, which is great! Then they added oh but we can't add you to the waiting list until we have your local authority funding form.  My GP had told me funding had been approved. Trying for days to find out who actually holds this has been a nightnare!  Spoke to a useful organisation called hope for autism, they generally only deal with advice for children, but we're happy to help and have been tremendous, doing all the contact and investigation for me.  Hopefully will hear on monday, bit what a lot of red tape nonsense involved in a diagnosis!

Parents
  • My GP and the place where I was referred never asked me about the money. I have no idea who is going to pay for the assessment.

• Different areas have different diagnostic pathways and not all of them will have issues with having to apply for specific funding.

If you've been told you're on a waiting list, it should mean everything is fine.

• When a GP says your on the waiting list, that just means its passed from their control to whoever is actually doing the assessment.  My GP told me that too, only on contacting the assessment place - i wasnt on the waiting list until they receive the funding form from the local authority.  The GP has no involvement or knowledge about that.  Im sure many times that all happens seamlessly, i suspect though some of the long timescales people experience is partly to do with red tape happening in the background.  For myself i like to try to be on top of that, its only me thatll suffer with delays after all, noone else cares much.  Thats just me though

• Well i decided to call my GP again, i spoke to them a month and a half ago, and was told funding was approved.  Turns out they had sent the referral letter and not the funding paperwork!! Absolute idiots! so thats a month and a half wasted, and if i hadnt been chasing it up id have waited indefinatley and never been put on the waiting list! jeez!

• Well i decided to call my GP again, i spoke to them a month and a half ago, and was told funding was approved.  Turns out they had sent the referral letter and not the funding paperwork!! Absolute idiots! so thats a month and a half wasted, and if i hadnt been chasing it up id have waited indefinatley and never been put on the waiting list! jeez!

Children
No Data