Did anything good happen today? June 2018

This is a place to share your successes it doesn't matter how small they are, 

Share something that made you happy today.

Thank you

Song

• Meeting Successful?  Good question!

She was giving me advice on mental health, work, money matters and getting out to meet people.

One discussion was my sister and that last time I saw her was at Christmas and we only text a month or two apart.  The suggestion was I should arrange to meet her for coffee on a weekly basis.

Other points were I should get out rather than sit inside brooding.  My defence was that I do get out and I showed her a few photos from my walks.

• Was the meeting successful?

I am much happier at home thank you.

• I went to the cinema to see 'Deadpool 2' with a good friend, haven't laughed so much in ages ;-)

• Get well soon and I hope you're happier at home.

I had a meeting with one of my case workers in a Waitrose café.  She belongs to one of these organisations where it's against the rules to visit people in their homes.  Instead they meet clients in public places.

• I came home from hospital today. I'm very happy to be home, my head still hurts and I'm dizzy but they say that could last for weeks. 

• I am a lot more relaxed now, I would like to go home today, I think the doctor will walk round this morning and he will say I can go. I need to convince him that I'm not to dizzy, as long as he doesn't ask me outright i will be ok. The food is disgusting and the make everything touch on the plate. Hopefully I will lose some weight.

• How long do you think you are going to stay in hospital?

And do you think you are getting used to the hospital environment?  The sounds, the smells, the attitudes of the doctors, nurses, care workers, the food and the general way the place works?

Are you more relaxed now?

• I am feeling quite a bit better than I have been since my little accident on sunday. 

I can sit up now without feeling like I'm going to fall.

x Song

• Music is fun for the most part but watches can be a *** at times! I was only refinishing some bevelling that had a few dinks, luckily. Taking a caseback off can lead me down a tunnel! You should try getting into some music if it interests you. I find it a great place to focus, it takes my mind off a lot. I'm not great myself! Lol, yeah I just had a look at what Endy said about the Peugeot! Machines!

Yeah, I didn't get too wound up because it was more spur of the moment. I knew most of the people there but yeah, I spoke to a few people I didn't know. Mainly about old Kung-Fu films, lol. Odd subject!

Party, now that's a terrifying word, well done even for thinking of going, I hope it goes ok and you have a great time

Thanks Song, I had a good time. I drank more than I'd liked to have but it was noisy and it took the edge off. Come to think of it I ate more than I'd liked to have too........Thinking

• To "Song"... You were able to Post today elsewhere, that you were feeling 'quite a bit better', and so that should be a "good" thing to mention, I think...?

• Yes! Summer is starting to make itsf felt and I have had the occasional free period. Today I made a lot of progress with some collagr paintings. 

• I was busy with several projects.

I finally found time to read the new threads and posts here and to post replies to some of them.

Did you miss me?

• Sat in the woods with my dog and watched the shadows and sunlight dance around the trees and change the patterns on the ground whenever the wind blew.

• Party, now that's a terrifying word, well done even for thinking of going, I hope it goes ok and you have a great time

• The extensions are sure to be fun. I wish I was there, I love looms. 

Have you seen the wires inside traffic light control boxes. They look quite interesting as well.

• Musicianship and watch repair - two impressive talents I wish I had. There seems to be some serious engineering going on at Endymion's house too. Hope the event today is enjoyable. Maybe not having a long run-up to it doesn't give you much chance to worry about it - I tagged along last night to a meal that a friend of mine was going to, engaged in conversations with complete strangers.

• Today I had a very clear day. The first one in a few weeks. I did some maintainance on a watch, put the finishing touches on a track I'd been working on and spoke to a few friends on the phone. I also made some last minute plans to go to a friends party. I'm going to brave it and see how it goes tomorrow! I'll probably end up drinking but I need to get out and I know I'll be OK with the people at the event, plus it's on my doorstep if I have to leave. Last minute plans and party are words I've not been able to handle in a while!

• It's a Peugeot Estate, he's changing the engine in it so all of the wiring has to be replaced as the engines don't match up - it's an older (02) engine going into a newer (05) car. Both diesel. The '02 engine and wiring are from a hatchback though so we might end up a bit 'short' - we'll cross that bridge when we come to it   : )   Some fiddly extensions might be required! 

• What is the car? wires are fun