New community for Aspies in surrey and surrounding areas

Hello, we have just set up a chat room (discord) server specifically aimed at autistic/ aspies in the surrey area plus surrounding.

We are all apsies/ HF and would like to start a community just for us. If you are a fellow aspies who would be interested in joining our new community. Please find it here (you will require the discord chat application, for either pc of phone)

After creating an account please join us here via this invite link;

All the best,

Char

• Hi California, it's good to see you back in here, have you been ill or just busy?

• I do not really like real time chats and texting.

I prefer more e-mails.

I like more serious environment. I am more formal than informal.

I think for me it would be better to stay here.

• The medium is a bit different. You press enter and it sends your message immediately so it's like real-time chat. If this forum is like email, then Discord is more like texting.

And the group of people will be different. Here it's a mixture of autistic adults of all ages and parents. There I'd guess the average ages is in the 20s. I expect it might be less serious than here (although we are obviously quite silly here sometimes too).

• Thank you very much for the invitation.

I know nothing about Discord.

So, I would like to know what is better over there?

How is the place different/better than this forum?

• Thanks for dropping in and saying hello Cassandro! Plus all the helpful advice was great! Hopefully chat again sometime! :) 

• I've just checked this out, and it looks like a friendly online group, just started with about 8 members. It's mostly text chat (like Slack, if you know Slack at all), but they may move to voice and meeting up. You don't actually need the Discord app, and can participate just in your usual web browser after choosing a user name (mine is the same as in this forum).

I dare say you don't need to live in London or Surrey either to join either. There are channels for animals and other interests already. Hope there are some fun and useful conversations.