Can undiagnoised Asperger Syndrome lead to mental health issues?

please help has anyone got any ideas or proof to whether or not undianoised Asperger Syndrome can lead onto mental health issues in the future. I have a partner who is currently going through getting dianoised and the opputuinity arose at college to do a project on an area of my choice, so i decided to do it on Asperger Syndrome as i have found myself glued to the internet for hours at a time trying to find out as much as i can. I feel that more needs to be done to make people aware of the effects of autism and how varied and common it is. Any feedback on this would be greatly appreciated. 

Parents
  • Smile Mirror, mirror on the wall,,, it is like reading about yourself,,, same pattern... breakdown,, diagnosis...,depression, anxiety, ocd, phobia....,, medication that did not work, only made me stotic.... and finally psychologist,,, Aspergers.. D'oh. a 4 year road journey,, surrounded by professionals who missed the obvious, I asked them why did you not find this out before,, they say it was the residual diagnosis because I did not respond to medication..... so one day I am classified as mental health patient, next day mild autism(learning and development disability). I am glad Smile The downside is that because I have aspergers,,  I find it hard to communicate my pain, so therefore my condition has went unnoticed. 

Anyway it is not mental health problem, it is an environment condition with which brings on cognitive difficults,, until a road of comfort is learned.

I am trying to get the right support in place,, this is hard, not because I can't get support,, it is the correct one on one support which I need, for trust and someone who really understands the condition, how small things have big implications on me.Laughing

• Smile Mirror, mirror on the wall,,, it is like reading about yourself,,, same pattern... breakdown,, diagnosis...,depression, anxiety, ocd, phobia....,, medication that did not work, only made me stotic.... and finally psychologist,,, Aspergers.. D'oh. a 4 year road journey,, surrounded by professionals who missed the obvious, I asked them why did you not find this out before,, they say it was the residual diagnosis because I did not respond to medication..... so one day I am classified as mental health patient, next day mild autism(learning and development disability). I am glad Smile The downside is that because I have aspergers,,  I find it hard to communicate my pain, so therefore my condition has went unnoticed. 

Anyway it is not mental health problem, it is an environment condition with which brings on cognitive difficults,, until a road of comfort is learned.

I am trying to get the right support in place,, this is hard, not because I can't get support,, it is the correct one on one support which I need, for trust and someone who really understands the condition, how small things have big implications on me.Laughing

Children
No Data