Can undiagnoised Asperger Syndrome lead to mental health issues?

please help has anyone got any ideas or proof to whether or not undianoised Asperger Syndrome can lead onto mental health issues in the future. I have a partner who is currently going through getting dianoised and the opputuinity arose at college to do a project on an area of my choice, so i decided to do it on Asperger Syndrome as i have found myself glued to the internet for hours at a time trying to find out as much as i can. I feel that more needs to be done to make people aware of the effects of autism and how varied and common it is. Any feedback on this would be greatly appreciated. 

Parents
  • Thank you.

On a more personal level my partner has been told he has severe depression however not given any medication, but as a child he got dianoised with ADHD. He's a heavy drinker and really struggles with emotions. We were both in the army together but since leaving his behaviour has been getting worse and it's heartbreaking to watch.

I recently found out we are expecting our first child (a boy) and thats the only reason I'm pushing for him to get dianoised but the process through the doctors are so slow, they have put him in touch with a psycharitric nurse who has basically taken over a month to get back to him and said theres not alot she can do. My poor partners mood is up and down like a yo'yo and he just cant seem to switch off. He burns himself out with constantly working with only having a few hours sleep if any a night. I really dont know what else i can do for him apart from reseach as much as I can. I'm hoping to study autism in more depth once baby is born. 

• Thank you.

On a more personal level my partner has been told he has severe depression however not given any medication, but as a child he got dianoised with ADHD. He's a heavy drinker and really struggles with emotions. We were both in the army together but since leaving his behaviour has been getting worse and it's heartbreaking to watch.

I recently found out we are expecting our first child (a boy) and thats the only reason I'm pushing for him to get dianoised but the process through the doctors are so slow, they have put him in touch with a psycharitric nurse who has basically taken over a month to get back to him and said theres not alot she can do. My poor partners mood is up and down like a yo'yo and he just cant seem to switch off. He burns himself out with constantly working with only having a few hours sleep if any a night. I really dont know what else i can do for him apart from reseach as much as I can. I'm hoping to study autism in more depth once baby is born. 

Children
No Data