Did anything good happen today? May 2018

I hope this is ok with everyone.

I thought we could share our successes no matter how small.

Any takers?

Song

• Just remember that although they are “professionals”, it doesn’t make them right or good people.

I've come across more than a few in my time. They can't accept other peoples realities and views. I've met more than a few that are all hubris, condescension and all they really have is a certificate and an ego. The best psychiatrist I had was a very, very, old Indian guy. He was totally in the right space for the job. No ego. He could put himself in other peoples shoes and think from their point of view. Unfortunately he retired. I hope he is having a good retirement because he helped a few people I know and seemed to have that approach to everyone.

That really is out of line and needs to be reported back to whoever is employing/managing him or her when or if  you feel up to it. sorry you had such a bad experience.

I'm going to have to do something. I'm not reporting him internally, I have been in contact with someone who knows the process and they have given me a contact. Thanks for your kind words.

I would agree but unfortunately it is likely that the psychiatrist will simply deny ever having said such a thing and as it won’t be in their notes then their version of events will probably be accepted. At least, this is what I’ve experienced when I’ve made complaints about similar issues and it just becomes an exercise in frustration and more damaging for the patient concerned.

I had a witness and the guy has a pretty open expression of his views online. In fact his online presence is like a bushfire. Going by his views online he isn't to be trusted around someone with more psychotic tendencies, delusions or less sense of reasoning in his care. I have a duty to do something.

Thank you both for your kind words and support.

• I would agree but unfortunately it is likely that the psychiatrist will simply deny ever having said such a thing and as it won’t be in their notes then their version of events will probably be accepted. At least, this is what I’ve experienced when I’ve made complaints about similar issues and it just becomes an exercise in frustration and more damaging for the patient concerned.

• That really is out of line and needs to be reported back to whoever is employing/managing him or her when or if  you feel up to it. sorry you had such a bad experience.

• Sorry to hear that Cloudy Mountains, they sound totally unethical. I have had a number of very poor experiences with psychiatrists myself, so I try to avoid them as much as possible. They always seem to have this ability to hurt me by saying something insulting or inappropriate, so I can feel for you here. Just remember that although they are “professionals”, it doesn’t make them right or good people.

• I had an absolute week from hell this past week. The anxiety was just building up more and more. I had a massive overload today and went totally berzerk then cried like a newborn ******* baby. It pushed the reset button. I can't remember being this screwed up in a while. I feel so tired now but better for the release.

• This is something that is nervy, well done Song.

• I had a particularly nasty experience on wednesday with a "psychiatrist" who told me that Autism could go into "spontaneous remission" if I put my faith in His Lord Jesus Christ. You couldn't make this *** up. I want to make a thread about it but *** I'm so angry. I just want to forget it for a few more days.

• I checked my bank balance at the ATM.  Took me 5 days to bring myself to do it.

I collected a fit note from my GP surgery.

Had an hour long meeting with one of my mental health advisors.

Phoned solicitor for advice.  Again took me 5 days to get round to it.

Made payments towards council tax, water bill, TV licence, gas meter.

Did some shopping.

The one thing I'm afraid to do is to check my lottery tickets from Saturday.

• I support this. This IS very well done. 

I may appear confident upon this Forum at times, but there are a lot of things I cannot or will not do, and certain "Shopping" is one of them. (I do without, or I have to spend days working up the "Guts" to go in and to speak to anyone. Or I plan it out upon paper first... seriously.)

• ...In keeping with the Theme of this Thread, I wanted to add that...I put my own shelf up myself. And lots more. Despite me being a 'sissy girl' and all. Although not an "anything good happen today" thing, these happened a couple of years ago, and I think that every day when I can be a 'sissy-girl' yet can also finish constructing Flat-Pack Furniture by myself, is a "good happen today" event.

I think about New Threads: Are Autistic Women more able to read instructions and so successfully put up Flat-Pack-Furniture than are NT Women...?

• Finished a bit of reading backlog. Today it was Whitsun here. Work will start to think out, it was starting to get too much. Caught up with myself all round today.

• Good for you. My old artist/teacher friend got sectioned at 18, a friend told him it clearly was doing him no good. The shrinks concluded it was because of being dyslexic and working-class that was the root of his problems. Hmmmmm. Ours is not to reason why.

• I see evidence of a Trekkie here and there. Blotting on the Landscape was brilliant. Lived the sky music intro too

• I finished filling out my pip form today.

• Very well done, did you manage to buy anything?

• Today, I went to the shop on my own.

• I got my Section 5(2) rescinded and let out of a mental health hospital which is excellent because those places really aren’t healthy for me. 

• Desperate Housewives was something I really liked. I expected it to be really bad but I got hooked. Dave Dash and Orson were some of the more strange characters but great. I liked the way that the real nature of the show was totally not like the adverts, it was pretty quirky!

• Me again...! 

(What, no.Blackadder?!) The shelf in the picture looks a lot like the one I also have, purchased many years ago (10ish), and mine has the optional Canvas covers down all four sides. If so, in catalogues, one is supposed to only put a few items of Underwear - clean and white for the cameras - upon it, and maybe a shoe-or-two at the bottom.

...Then it is to be bolted somehow to the wall, to prevent those of us who may feel compelled to jump in and out of it (in order to try to travel to Narnia), from being crushed as it falls over to say that the manufacturers are not responsible for the USE of it after purchase...

Sorry, I began to waffle, there. (!) My own shelf is stuffed full to the brim with Books, Charts, and two plastic replica Tyrannosaur Skulls. Are we rebels against (NT) Society, and so a Clothes/Wardrobe is filled not with underpants but instead with DVDs or Books...?!     :-)

• Part 1 of my DVD collection.  A to G.