Did anything good happen today? May 2018

I hope this is ok with everyone.

I thought we could share our successes no matter how small.

Any takers?

Song

Parents
  • I got my Section 5(2) rescinded and let out of a mental health hospital which is excellent because those places really aren’t healthy for me. 

• Good for you. My old artist/teacher friend got sectioned at 18, a friend told him it clearly was doing him no good. The shrinks concluded it was because of being dyslexic and working-class that was the root of his problems. Hmmmmm. Ours is not to reason why.

• I had a particularly nasty experience on wednesday with a "psychiatrist" who told me that Autism could go into "spontaneous remission" if I put my faith in His Lord Jesus Christ. You couldn't make this *** up. I want to make a thread about it but *** I'm so angry. I just want to forget it for a few more days.

• Glad to hear you have the evidence to take this matter further - psychiatrists shouldn’t get away with making such damaging comments to their patients. I wish you well.

• Just remember that although they are “professionals”, it doesn’t make them right or good people.

I've come across more than a few in my time. They can't accept other peoples realities and views. I've met more than a few that are all hubris, condescension and all they really have is a certificate and an ego. The best psychiatrist I had was a very, very, old Indian guy. He was totally in the right space for the job. No ego. He could put himself in other peoples shoes and think from their point of view. Unfortunately he retired. I hope he is having a good retirement because he helped a few people I know and seemed to have that approach to everyone.

That really is out of line and needs to be reported back to whoever is employing/managing him or her when or if  you feel up to it. sorry you had such a bad experience.

I'm going to have to do something. I'm not reporting him internally, I have been in contact with someone who knows the process and they have given me a contact. Thanks for your kind words.

I would agree but unfortunately it is likely that the psychiatrist will simply deny ever having said such a thing and as it won’t be in their notes then their version of events will probably be accepted. At least, this is what I’ve experienced when I’ve made complaints about similar issues and it just becomes an exercise in frustration and more damaging for the patient concerned.

I had a witness and the guy has a pretty open expression of his views online. In fact his online presence is like a bushfire. Going by his views online he isn't to be trusted around someone with more psychotic tendencies, delusions or less sense of reasoning in his care. I have a duty to do something.

Thank you both for your kind words and support.

• Just remember that although they are “professionals”, it doesn’t make them right or good people.

I've come across more than a few in my time. They can't accept other peoples realities and views. I've met more than a few that are all hubris, condescension and all they really have is a certificate and an ego. The best psychiatrist I had was a very, very, old Indian guy. He was totally in the right space for the job. No ego. He could put himself in other peoples shoes and think from their point of view. Unfortunately he retired. I hope he is having a good retirement because he helped a few people I know and seemed to have that approach to everyone.

That really is out of line and needs to be reported back to whoever is employing/managing him or her when or if  you feel up to it. sorry you had such a bad experience.

I'm going to have to do something. I'm not reporting him internally, I have been in contact with someone who knows the process and they have given me a contact. Thanks for your kind words.

I would agree but unfortunately it is likely that the psychiatrist will simply deny ever having said such a thing and as it won’t be in their notes then their version of events will probably be accepted. At least, this is what I’ve experienced when I’ve made complaints about similar issues and it just becomes an exercise in frustration and more damaging for the patient concerned.

I had a witness and the guy has a pretty open expression of his views online. In fact his online presence is like a bushfire. Going by his views online he isn't to be trusted around someone with more psychotic tendencies, delusions or less sense of reasoning in his care. I have a duty to do something.

Thank you both for your kind words and support.

Children