Irlen syndrome. Any one know anything about this?

I use a coloured film overlay when I read books, and I have my kindle set up in blue shade mode with a colour tint. This helps hugely with my dyslexia.  Husband was looking for a new overlay for me and found some stuff on Irlen syndrome so I wondered if any of you knew anything about it? Positive or negative.

Parents
  • The Irlen Syndrome stuff on the web seems like a scam to me. They charge you $28 for a report that will tell you whether you can use tinted overlays and whatnot, without actually providing any of the overlays (you would have to pay more for those).

Glasses or overlays may well work for some people, but I'd stay away from websites that will sell them for an arm and a leg. You should be able to figure out on your own whether they work for you or not.

• The Irlen Syndrome stuff on the web seems like a scam to me. They charge you $28 for a report that will tell you whether you can use tinted overlays and whatnot, without actually providing any of the overlays (you would have to pay more for those).

Glasses or overlays may well work for some people, but I'd stay away from websites that will sell them for an arm and a leg. You should be able to figure out on your own whether they work for you or not.

Children