Are you good at maths?

I have this preconceived idea that all Autistic people are really good at maths.  I am terrible at mental arithmetic or any kind of working out in my head!  Yet I can put together a mean spreadsheet, with formulas, forecasts, percentages whatever you like.  But ask me what something times something is?  Haven't a clue?

So I just wanted to see if that is odd for an Autistic person?  

Parents
  • i was crap at maths at school - was in the lowest set.  But when I left school I really got into calculating planetary positions and navigation. I took my Ocean Yacht Master certificate many years ago (so I could sail alone :-)) and excelled at plotting vectors and navigating by the stars.  Who'd have thought!  I'm a bit surprised by your poll though.

• i was crap at maths at school - was in the lowest set.  But when I left school I really got into calculating planetary positions and navigation. I took my Ocean Yacht Master certificate many years ago (so I could sail alone :-)) and excelled at plotting vectors and navigating by the stars.  Who'd have thought!  I'm a bit surprised by your poll though.

Children
No Data