Are you good at maths?

I have this preconceived idea that all Autistic people are really good at maths.  I am terrible at mental arithmetic or any kind of working out in my head!  Yet I can put together a mean spreadsheet, with formulas, forecasts, percentages whatever you like.  But ask me what something times something is?  Haven't a clue?

So I just wanted to see if that is odd for an Autistic person?  

Parents
  • well maths was my thing at school. I got 2 years ahead in class and helped my 2 year older brother with his homework. Got my maths A levels Pure and Applied when 16, but terrible with social skills and now in deep mess with legal issues related to poor understanding of social matters. Self diagnosed autism but high achiever, but now official confirmation aged 64 years

• well maths was my thing at school. I got 2 years ahead in class and helped my 2 year older brother with his homework. Got my maths A levels Pure and Applied when 16, but terrible with social skills and now in deep mess with legal issues related to poor understanding of social matters. Self diagnosed autism but high achiever, but now official confirmation aged 64 years

Children
No Data