Lone Spotty Warriors and Missfit Elephants

I joined the forum in  Summer ‘17... tentative, spooked... eyes wide open, full of hope... eyes in headlights.  I found great friends and we sailed to autophia... our own Aspie Island... solace, care for each other, connection, reassurance...

They are many on this online island who share such care for one another. Thank you to everyone who has made this boat stay afloat.... and steered it to the right horizon

@LoneWarrior

@Missfit61 

• Hi DC,seems the crew are all asleep,only me keeping lookout for rocks, they are all tired after a long week of “ splicing the mainbrace”. Hicc!

thank you for that lovely picture we  needed a cat to keep the rats at bay, maybe you can tell us it’s name!

A wise old captain once said,

“years from now, you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than those you did. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from safe harbor. Catch the wind in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover”.

The power of the mind can change the state of the body, feeling happy in escape can heal the soul.

Welcome aboard,

( hope I didn’t cause you concern before?

was not my intention )

x()x()x()x()x()x,,,,,,,the ,aspie daisy chain is growing hoorah!

r=24.

v=398.

s=26.

• Hi Fuchia sorry I wasn’t here sooner to say hello but all last week has been very tiring, and my energy levels are a bit low.

So happy you decided to say hello. As Ellie has said feel free to come aboard and join in. Just be yourself and have a bit of fun.

thats all this is! A chance to unwind and let the imagination take over.

x()x()x()x()x

• As Ellie has already said, please feel free to jump in any time.

even just to say hello would be ok.

We will struggle to set sail without more crew members.

just to add going off topic is expected and welcome.

Thank you for the likes everyone. Much appreciated, I would like to repay the compliment here,,,,,,,,so give me something to like Lol.

aspie daisy chain virtual hugs can be lengthened when needed, x()x()x()x——-?.?.?.?Anchor

• Not to mention the great big bowl of ice cream and a bottle of whatever takes your fancy.....cheers, 

x()x

• The trick is to swim as fast as you can to keep up with the wave, then you can enjoy the whole experience and glide gently into the soft golden sand of tranquility. Where you can settle down and take in the warm gentle rays of a golden sun. Hopefully with another good swimmer.

x()x

• Yes they do!

Swept along on a wave of immense magnitude that rises up suddenly scooping  you up and lifting you to an ever increasing high. Then after a short time of uncertainty and wobbling about trying to stay balanced it gently begins to slow and as it reaches the land it lowers you gently into the soft sand of stability.

Lol.

Edited to lighten it up.

• All aboard, only two things you need, and that is a spirit for adventure and the ability to go with the flow.

Do aspies “flow?”

• Hi Ellie sounds like you had a veeeerrrryyy long day!

Hope the job interview went your way, yes I can imagine it was a difficult experience with a massive change of routine and everything being new and unknown. As you say putting yourself up to be judged can never be easy. 

I imagine you coped admirably despite all of that, your professionalism would have shone through and your kind and sensitive nature cannot be hidden or lost in interpretation.

Get as much rest as you can as I imagine tomorrow will be back to the grindstone! No let up is there, 

I had  a half day training session which kind of got me very anxious but luckily it was ok and quite an informal thing. Was worried i wouldn’t find the place but even that wasn’t to bad. 

I did get very bad stomach pain which is probably stress related as things have been a bit full on just lately.

Hoping to set sail again soon! As you say there is plenty of room for others. All aboard, only two things you need, and that is a spirit for adventure and the ability to go with the flow.

This is our way of escaping reality, we go on adventures and make it up as we go, 

I think once you get the general idea you will enjoy the crazy nonsense as we do.

x()x()x()x.

• @Disallowed Cynosure 

@ProtectorOfTheSmall

thank you for the likes... Relaxed️ 

you are more than welcome to join this merry band of adult Aspie miscreates! 

X

• Hi Missy!

Hope you're ok.  Escaped early today as been at a job interview - I've been up since 4am! - simply cream crackered! - Keep everything crossed guys!!  

ASD and job interviews aren't a great combination - being put under scrutiny, different surroundings, a change of routine, different people to try and work out!

phew!

How are you Missy... I hope you are feeling a little better.... sending you a virtual chocolate muffin!! - just as tasty...but without the calories!!

• Aw I missed you! Yes we sure did have some fun times, we needed that to recharge our batteries, we were all a bit lost. We all bumped into each other around about the same time, so newbies, lost, looking for answers, each trying to help others,  some nights there was no let up, one after the other, people looking for help, struggling to understand a child or not knowing where to turn. You were so amazing , adding links and passing on all the knowledge you had learnt. 

Our escape was our saviour, It United us, it gave us happiness, it took away the worry of reality. 

Escapism is fun. We will make it To autopia I am convinced of it. The journey may take a while but hey with kind folks like all you lot it can take as long as it likes.

So glad you found us, feel free to come aboard, you are crew not visitor. A poet, nah not my style to much toil.Lol.

x()x()x()x An aspie daisy chain .

• Hello .. this post made me smile.. I only just found it. We had quite some times didn’t we. Have you ever thought of writing Poetry Lonewarrior? You have a great way with words  I will write more tomorrow but now I need sleep. ()()()

• Yes none of us knew the right way ahead, we were all new in finding our small piece of the aspie map but reading it !,,,working it out and trying to understand how complex it all was indeed a challenge, it threw  up many challenges, it was great when we all got our heads together and talked it through. It was great each time one of us found a key to understanding one of the tiny details, there was no legend, no compass drawn on it to point one way or another! No scale to judge how far it was!  Just a big wide open ocean with an island of tranquility far away and full of great promise. Finding the way is still on the horizon. But I am sure if we stick together we will find the right route.

x()x()x()x

• I seem to remember that we were all rather lacking in navigational skill... we each knew the destination in some for,....it was just getting there 

• yep still on the old medication,much better these days as I do less and teach others how to. It works both ways, I do less they learn. So far the two I have are young but want to learn. Not prewired with misconceptions on how things should be done.

I mentioned the chopper push bike as it was newly found out when we were sailing all those months ago. I used it to ride round picking  the others up, aka spotty and missy and of cosrsebyou on the back behind me. X

it amazed me when I found it could fly?

()

• Still on the pain killers then! Deeply jealous that you have a chopper bike... ! But my trusty two wheeled stead helped to give me the freedom I needed when I was a young elephant 

• Hey I have started packing!

is there room for my my old Raleigh   chopper bike? 

It can carry four,,,,Maybe one or two more if we huddle up tight. We could fly up high ET style looking for our island.

x