Two minutes to midnight

Parents
  • That clock has been close to midnight my whole life. 69 years.

If they do start throwing nukes about I would hope one hit me on the head rather than a close miss killing me by a slow death from radiation.

In other circumstances such as an epidemic or climate change I am in a location where a subsistence existence could be possible for a time.

Private water supply gravity fed, sewage system , solar panels which could be modified to provide DC power in daylight hours, wood burner with back boiler for hot water and a gravity fed radiator. Problem is when other survivors notice that I (or whoever is living here)  would be run off or killed without doubt. When push comes to shove I would do the same but I am too old to put up much of a fight. I have no weapons apart from axes and knives.

I would hope my wine cellar was well stocked. :)

• That clock has been close to midnight my whole life. 69 years.

I Post this in great support of this being a very good answer... although I am personally some Twenty Years younger. I suspect there to be no-one upon this Forum who has actually lived through WW1 and/or WW2, and all of the "anxiousness" that occurred...? (To give practical/genuine support/advice, I mean...)

• FWIW my grandparents lived through WWII. They were bombed out. Grandma was out the first time around, which was lucky because the whole house was destroyed. After the second time, my father recalled laying in his bed but looking up and seeing the stars in the sky(!)

• Sorry, I often go off-context as my brain seems to prefer taking 'side-streets' rather than sticking to the 'main-road' in conversations.

The idea of a biological mutation to help cope with the effects of climate change was one such example but, reading it back now, I think this idea was amply covered in the movie 'Waterworld'.   

• Sorry, I often go off-context as my brain seems to prefer taking 'side-streets' rather than sticking to the 'main-road' in conversations.

The idea of a biological mutation to help cope with the effects of climate change was one such example but, reading it back now, I think this idea was amply covered in the movie 'Waterworld'.   

Children
No Data